606 review by Zoom

Zoom: 606

Purchased from: Soundcontrol

I've got a pretty basic setup. At home I don't use the pedal much, I use the effects on my Line 6 Spider II 210. But I use it at band practise. I run it through some large 100w Marshall that I'm not actually sure of what it is. But it sounds great at a high volume. It keeps up with my mates Boss ME-50 so that must be saying something! You get a little bit of unwanted noise at a high volume, not much. The pedal contains presets of some well known artists, Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Led Zeppelin. The funnily named 'Corn' effect pretty much resembles Korn. Nice cleans and cool distortions.

I play a fair bit of styles, blues, emo, rock, metal, but my band has a heavy metal/hardcore sound. This pedal is great for it. I have a Peavey Raptor EXP, yeah, it's a beginners guitar, but it's fine. I didn't try the 06 before I bought it, I was only a beginner back then and hadn't really got to grips with the importance of trying stuff! But it didn't disapoint. The best feature is the tuner, easy to access. I use the tuner as a clean sound with my band. Really easy to swith from that to distortion. I wish the expression pedal was a bit stiffer, sometimes when I'm playing, it can get knocked and turn the gain down, which sucks. If it were stolen I'd probably get a new one, the price has plummeted in 2 years.

I can depend on this pedal pretty much. Never had a problem at practises or home, and through 2 yers of use it's survived well. I havn't used it at a gig, and probably wouldn't, bacause my amp has better effects, but this would probably be good as a backup for my amp, or maybe an alternative.

Great pedal. The presets are cool, good mix of clean and heavy sounds. It's fairly time consuming editing the patches, unless you really know what you're doing, if you're a beginner, it's fun to mess with! I've been playing for a couple of years and I can do it, but I can't speak for everyone, but the manual talks you through everything.

bluesbarker
    Good pedal, but the wahs not very good and comes loose every now and again, for wah get a morley, much better than crybabies