606 review by Zoom

Zoom: 606

I use a Maverick Species 1, and a Marshall MG100DFX with the pedal, and this works really well. The pedal can give a bit of unwanted noise on some effects, but it's nothing drastic. The pedal has a huge range of effects, from crispy clean to fuzz distortion, from blues style to robotic reverb. A lot of the effects are also based on real artists and give a very similar sound. I think that the pedal is especially good for jimi hendrix solos and slow reverb rythem sounds.

I mainly play rock/metal, and I find this amp great fun to play with. Iv been playing 7 years now and use a Maverick Species 1 and Marshall MG100DFX with the pedal. There's nothing I wish I had asked the seller before I buyed the pedal as everything about the pedal is explained in a really useful booklet. The best feature of the pedal is the 100's of possibilitys of sounds you can get out of it. Everytime I use I always found a new different sound! The only real let down is the battery life, but this is no big deal as the power used is put to good use! This pedal has some amazing features and sounds and for the price it is, I'd advise it to any guitarist!

I would definently take this pedal to a gig. I've had the pedal 3 years now and have never come across a problem. The only thing I would be worried about is the battery life (it eats batterys alive). It's best to use the DC power supply, or take some spare batteries.

This pedal is so easy to use, and gives a great sound all the time. The two foot switches and foot pedal are easy to use. The red two figure display screen is easy to see, and shows the bank and patch of the effect being used. The pedal has over 40 effects built in, which can all be edited by the two switches. The first Switch changes the sound of each effect, so that you can edit the effects for the style of music you are playing EG. Acoustic, lead, distortion, fuzz, blues and more. The second Switch changes the patch level, comp/limit, drive, EQ, delay/reverb and more for each effect. There is also a pedal assignment button, which allows you to choose what you want the foot pedal to do (wah, drive, mod/pitch, delay, volume). The pedal also has a built in tuner, which is very useful and easy to use.

xZEROx
    ns2max
    xZEROx wrote: I really am not liking any of the prebuilt distortions and can't seem to get one right myself by messing around with this. If anyone could post the settings for a good distortion they found, that would be nice. besides that the pedal is good.
    very very correct.,.,., if somone could post som good distortion setts....somthn which sounds lyk iron maiden or lamb of god....,.,. i'm sure many wl find it extremely helpful...includin me.,l.
    lemonth68
    marshall distortion. eq at 47. contour at -6. compressor at c4. znr at 9. gain at 25. patch level at 26. i play a gibson les paul with dimarzio humbuckers through marshall 100dfx 1X12 combo. also i've put an mxr 10 band eq and it sound tough
    PrincessJoe
    Good deal for a beginner, but if you'll use any analog effect you'll soon find out how bad this thing is. It makes everything dull and sound like plastic.
    bytewax
    there are no good distortion settings on this pedals... believe me! If its digital you'll pass away searching for a good drive. Get yourself an inexpensive analog dist. For the rest it's ok.