707 II Guitar review by Zoom

Zoom: 707 II Guitar

Purchased from: n

Since there is so many effects you get a wide range sounds some better than others, there is a lot of good tones but there is a couple that are pretty useless. One problem is that the distortion drowns out the clean sound. In my opinion the distortion is not heavy enough. I use a Epiphone Les Paul and a Marshall MG50DFX.

I usually play Guns N' Roses and AC/DC so it is fine for that but sometimes iplay more heavier songs like Zakk Wylde songs for example and I prefer the distortion on my amp for that. I don't like the editing part of the pedal where you make ure own effects. My freind as a Boss ME-50 and that is better because there are switches and nobs to play about with to get the right sound. If it got stolen I wouldn't buy it again I would save up a bit and get a Boss ME-50.

I have had it for a year and it hasn't let me down so there is no reason to doubt its reliability. I have used it at a gig and it was fine.

It is simple to get the sound you are looking for because there is lots of preset effects, you just have to select what one you want. The pedal is very easy to set up, there is a manual that comes with it but I didn't need it.