707 II Guitar review by Zoom

Zoom: 707 II Guitar

I use a Java guitar and a Marshall amp with this. It can get pretty noisy if turn up all the knobs on the amp, so I prefer to keep my tone at a 10, my bass at a 10, my mid at a 6 and my treble at a 3 1/2. Most of the effects are pretty good but it doesnt have a great range of distortion patches unfortunately. Some of the patches can sound really weak so I dont use them much but others are strong as hell. I listen to a lot of Metallica and I can get their sound with this. I listen to lighter stuff like bon jovi but that kinda sound is slightly harder to get.

I play a lot of heavy metal and this pedal is great for it. It's Grunge sound isn't so great but it doesnt matter to me 'cause I don't play blues. The lead sounds are pretty decent too. I don't own any other gear apart from my guitar, amp and pedal and I don't think I need anything else. If it was stolen I think I would buy it again 'cause it's pretty cheap compared to other stuff. But if I had a lot of cash then I wud get something much better. I only wish it had an inbuilt memory of more than 6 seconds.