707 II Guitar review by Zoom

Zoom: 707 II Guitar

Purchased from: ebay

I've only been playing for two years now, so I don't have any good gear. I'm using a Squier fat strat and a peavey practice amp (rage 158). Everything sounds great. The distortions sound much better than the distortion that the amp provides, but I don't know how it would sound on a good setup. All the effects sound great. I play Mudvayne, System Of A Down, tried some Mars Volta (failed), and a lot of Tool.

Overall I think it's a great pedal for me, a beginner. I don't know how it would fare in the hands or below the feet, as it may be of a professional. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, no matter what kind of music they play.

It is made of plastic, which sucks, but as long as you don't throw it, jump on it, or light it on fire while you're playing, I see no reason why it wouldn't last. As for using it at a gig, I played a song. Once. It worked, and I'd do it again.

This unit is very customizable. You can get so many unique sounds out of it, and editing patches is a breeze so long as you're willing to invest a few minutes in reading various sections of the manual, which is written clearly.