707 II Guitar review by Zoom

Zoom: 707 II Guitar

Purchased from: Cash Converters

I use this with my ESP H-300 guitar and small practice amp. It can get noisy on high distortion, but it has ZNR (Zoom Noise Reduction) which fixes that. Almost all of the effects are great, the wah is a bit weak though. I don't use all the effects, but I havent heard anything on it that I would say is bad. The distortions/overdrives are probably the strongest of all the effects. There are some artist patches, but they aren't very good. The sound is pretty good overall.

I play rock, metal and blues, and this suits perfectly. It has a setting for any style you will ever play. The sound is good, but nothing spectacular, good for the price. If it was stolen, I would save up for something more expensive. My favourite feature is the recording ability. I didnt compare it to other products, but I have played others and this unit is on par with them. The 707 II is a sturdy, reliable product that I would recommend to anyone just starting to use effects.

It is designed for live playing, and it feels reliable. I would use it without a backup.

At first I found this difficult to use and confusing, but that was because I didn't have a manual. After downloading the manual from their website, everything was cleared up. Making and editing patches is simple once you figure it out. Something I'll put here because it doesnt really fit anywhere else is that this unit can be used to record solo guitar tracks. With a SmartMedia memory card, you can record quite alot. Unfortunately without a memory card all you can record is 2 seconds. Luckily for me, the previous owner left his 64Mb memory card in it, so I can record an hour. It also has a tuner in it.

w00ts!te
    My friend had this footpedal and he beat the shit out of it because he thought it was broken but it was accutually his cords. Fortunatly it still works.