707 II Guitar review by Zoom

Zoom: 707 II Guitar

Purchased from: Furtados, Mumbai

I use an Epiphone guitar and have used some others too on this including Fender. I have used a variety of amps including Marshall and custom mades. It sounds almost the same except for the amps can make a difference. Not noisy, the ZNR (Zoom Noise Reduction) works pretty well. The effects always sound the same. Wether they are great or crap. I listen to and play stuff from Death (Chuck Schuldiner) to Eric Clapton to ray charles. Cant get all the sounds. But if you play around with the parameters, its possible to imitate most metal bands. But you have to work for it. I use mostly patches that I made myself. The effects are good. But getting to sound like Eric Clapton or Jimi Hendrix or SRV is obviously not possible. Remember its digital!

This is good for beginners and amateurs. Though we know guitarists are never just amateurs! When I bought this I was more into metal and rock. Was good then. Now I'm more into blues. Doesnt quiet fit into this genre, but still usable. But for playing blues I use this other pedal I designed myself. I would have wanted a better wah, but for rock it does the job. If it was stolen, I would buy analog pedals instead of this or any other multi-effect processor, but thats just my choice. I love that it is good for the price it comes at.

I have had it for 3 years now. Not a sign of getting old. Good as new (I did use it). I can totally depend on it and have used it in gigs without backup. No problems.

Very easy if you are using the preset patches. Not very hard if you want to make your own. It provides a lot of flexibilty and control over the sound and the parameters are easy to set. A manual is provided if you are not familiar with effects and parameters, which is available in many languages. There is also a drum machine. Good for practice, different patterns in that too. But it cannot be used with sampling. Metronome and tuner and stuff also present.