707 II Guitar review by Zoom

Zoom: 707 II Guitar

Purchased from: JVS Audio

I use a Yamaha Pacifica and Les Paul guitars and a Peavey Classic 30. The distortion and other dirt effects are good. Likewise, the hiss and hum noise can be supressed by the noise reduction module. The good thing about the Drive module is it has a sound variation ranging from classic, standard, modern. I find some effects which are weak or thin and don't sound good as they should. For example, the pitch shifter sounds a bit at harsh at times, and the wah effect is very weak and has a short range of sweeping action.

I usually play gospel music, blues and instrumental rock and this pedal has catered some of my craved tones. I've been playing for 10 years now. The thing that I love about this pedal is the record feature and it has a large range of effects. The only bug as I mentioned is the switch problem. My favorite feature is the recording, you can actually playback the passage at half or quarter of the original. It has also a drum machine which could be synchronized with the patches, a good feature also. If it were lost or stolen I would buy a latest model instead, a G-series maybe. For the price of this pedal I think it is a very good pedal to start off with. It provides all, if not all, of the effects a beginner will be interested in at a reasonable price.

The housing is made of a hard plastic, it will break if you drop it. The other bug are the switches, it breaks easily. I could recall few months after I bought it, the store button has stopped working. To be honest, I won't use it on a gig without a backup.

The pedal is pretty self-explanatory and therefore is very easy to edit and get a good sound out of it. Before I own this unit, I had the 06 so I didn't bother reading the manual. This pedal is very portable which is an advantage in practice sessions and etc.