G1 review by Zoom

Zoom: G1

Purchased from: Online

I'm currently using an Epiphone SG G-310 with a Fender Frontman amp and I find that it produces great results, I have no reverb/delay setting on my amp therefore it's a good way to demonstrate the the pedals effects without the added amp effects, and to be honest, the sound quality is quite impressive. I was playing part of the G major scale and I loaded one of the preset settings and the notes I was playing were being played as well as notes a fifth higher, so it was playing in Harmony and it sounded really impressive. There are also very good distortion settings on there as well, one of the presets sounds exactly like Dimebag Darell's guitar settings. It just goes to show how versitile the sound settings are on this thing.

I (try) to play a wide range of music, varying from Buckethead's experimental intrumentals to classical music such as Bach and Vivaldi and this thing suits me nicely. I can tweak it to sound like a music track from the old Mario games and I can tweak it to sound like an acoustic classical piece, there are very little limitations and the possibilities are nearly endless. Therefore I definately would buy another one if it where lost or stolen, you can get so much out of this multi effects pedal for so little money.

I've had no problems with it so far, although I've only had it for 2 days. But I would have no fear of gigging with it, you can cycle through each preset and homemade sound with the easy use of 2 buttons (up and down buttons) making it easy to use and enjoyable to play with.

It's fairly easy to figure out how to work the box, it took me about 30 minutes, that's without reading the user manual as I found that the manual was rather confusing. Editing patches is fairly easy as well and I found, extremely fun! You can alter each of the following for one patch: The volume, the type of effect to apply, drive and consequently the gain, the EQ (low, middle, high), ZNR/AMP, modulation and the rate of modulation, delay and the time of delay, reverb and the decay of the reverb. After creating a patch that you like from altering the above list, you can save it into the pedal's internal memory in 1 of 60 locations. You can get a huge range of sounds, I managed to make one that sounded like a pneumatic drill. The wah on it is absolutley superb as well!

mistertomo123
    i got mine for about 40 and think its great. you can do anything you want with it, it's just changing between all the effects that is tricky to do quickly or while playing. for practicing and gigging without too many chaning in styles though its fine. By the way, the auto-wah on this thing sounds immense, and you can get to sound like bon jovi or john frusciante in the blink of an eye