G1 review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Zoom: G1

Purchased from: Golden Music

I am using a pacifica and a Laney LX12 with it. The processor gets noisy when you turn off the Zoom Noise reduction. However I find ZNR system completely useless. It kills your notes early. I normally turn it off and use moderate gain (it eliminates noise to a great extent). To be honest it has quite a few tasteful effects. The delay, reverb and compressor are the only usable effects, others sound like toy. The amp modeling works great, especially Marshal JCM 2000, 1959, Fender Twin, and Matchless. It almost sounds like an authentic tube amp. The Fuzz modeling effects are perfect. You will have hard time differentiating between real and the simulation.

I play classic rock, Hard rock, Progressive rock and some blues and this pedal can handle them well. If it was lost/stolen I will buy a Tonelab LE. I compared it with DigiTech RP 80 and found this more authentic in terms of amp simulation. With the price it came, I don't wish any thing more.

This pedal wont survive Live playing. It is made out of very poor quality plastic and not so strong knobs. It has some problems with the adapter it came with, it turns off and on randomly. I will not use it for live playing.

The Zoom G1 is an upgrade for Zoom 505II. I have used 505II before and to me the sound has improved a bit from the old processor. The patches are editable only after you read the manual thoroughly. Otherwise you will end up nowhere. Not to mention the manual is well written with adequate details. New patches are moderately easy to create and save.

leenux5030
    its totally awesome i got it for jus $48 , iam totally satisfied, can any one PLZ, suggest any good site for patches, ive cheked haax.se , de dnt have black metal patches