G1 review by Zoom

Zoom: G1

Purchased from: Irv's Music Center

I use this with a Custom Guitar, and my Les Paul and I find the sound very Good. I have experimented and got many sounds from it from Blues to Rock to Acoustic. Its not very Noisy at all, it has a Noise Controll that limts feedback and unwanted sounds. The effects tend to be great but can get weak if you mix to many together in my opinion. I think all the Effects are good except the Flanger. The modeled amps and distortion types tend to be good and very verstalie but I dont like the Flanger at all, its just progarmmed to strong even at low settings to be honest.

I play abit of everything and this Pedal seems to do abit of everything that I need. From Classical to Blues to Rock to Metal it does it all. I have been playing for about 3 years with anywhere from 6 to 9 hours of practice each day. I use an Epiphone Les Paul custom, A Scheter Sunset Series Deluxe, an Epiphone Acoustic AJ series, and my Custom guitar with a 15wat Crate amp or 150 watt Ibanez TBR Amp and it works great with everything. The only thing I wished I asked before buying it was there anything I could get to mount it on too. If mine was Stolen or lost I would buy another one, but If I had the cash I would honestly buy a Pedal Board with everything I need (Which I might do soon actually for certain gigs) I compared this to many other products such as the Boss ones and Vox ones and DigiTech and it diffently is better for the Price.

I could diffently depend on this, I had my Amp (150 Watt) sit on it for a night and it never cracked or anything. Thats a long story why it was sitting there but I had some rearranging and forgot my pedal was there and you couldnt see into my homemade amp box. I would diffently use this at a gig without a Backup, It works fine, just use your adapter and strong nice cables and there will be no noise or tech issues concerning with the Zoom G1

It comes with 40 Preset Effects ranging from AC/DC's Angus Young to Van Halen's Eddie Van Halen. It is very easy to use after the box, you get a little manual that explains what everything does and where everything is. Then you get a Quick Refernce Card in case you wanted to know what a Symbol ment or where your Flanger or Chorus or Delay was at. Editing patches is simple, all you have to do is change one knob to what you want and edit it.

akosiehm
    i've borrowed a G1 for almost 3 yrs, i only borrow guitars and guitar pedals when playing in concerts and gigs, ZOOM is great and affordable, especially here in our town, i've use 505II, 606, 707, G1/G1X, G2, GFX-4, they're all great
    ir_one
    if you want to set your zoom g1 to get various famous guitarist sound style please visit this link http://www.fiverr.com/users/hidrox/gigs/... -to-set-your-zoom-g1-or-zoom-g2-guitar-effect-to-get-guitar- sound-style-of-santana-joe-satriani-steve-vai-or-another-fam ous-guitarist
    shetalks777
    Victor Escobar wrote: You will love this if you know how to use it. I was a bit disappointed when I first got it but once I learned how to use it well and properly, I love this little thing. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Special II and a decent 30 watt solid state amp and I can easily replicate tones from the Stray Cats to Cannibal Corpse.
    shetalks777
    jrnoel wrote: just got one today and it sounds like a lot of static. I am using a crappy practice amp, but the amp sounds fine without the g1. any suggestions?
    ERRATUM - it should have been jrnoel The manual says that too much static may indicate a voltage problem. If it's not the case, you'd better take it back to the store.
    kbarbuti
    I just got one of these. Does anyone know how you can turn the effect OFF and go back to your amps channel? thank you. Keith.