G1 review by Zoom

Zoom: G1

Purchased from: Heartland Music

Setup: I WAS running this through a J-series Jackson warrior and a Crate 15W, but I recently upgraded to a Peavey Vypyr 15 and the use of the pedal isnt as much as it was with the crate. its not really noisy, it has a noise gate in it so you can control just how much sound you want coming out of your guitar, so on a max settings you wont here most bumps or unwanted sound if you hit your strings on accident or anything. you can get a good tone for almost ANY artist if you shape your tone and effects right. And all of the effects are good, exept I prefer straight tone with very little effects added on to it.

I play mostly metal, and if I'm feeling quiet I'll use one of my two Acoustic effects (one is the normal simulator and the other is a slightly creepy reverbed version) I've been playing for three years, I don't own any other effects pedals, mainly with this little badass I wont need one. If it were stolen I'd definatly buy another one, hell I'd buy two more just to give one to a friend. This is really worth the money.

I'd say that its very relaiable.. exept a little knob on mine fell off(it wasn't glued or anything) and its not calibrated with the bottom part, so say if.. for example. the sharp part of the Switch is on a certain category like gain for instance, it would actually be on Mid(for changing your mid tone) And I would definatly gig with this if I had to.

This little effects pedal was a bit difficult to use at first. But after a little experimenting I got it to work flawlessly. The amout of preset patches on this little guy can blow you away.I really use only 6 or 7 when I'm playing. Mainly ones for alot of distortion, or Acoustic modeling(this includes a VERY accurate aooustic guitar simulator) The manual for it is very explanitory, it covers all of the functions that its able to do, this includes a telephone number for if you need to have it repaired or have any questions about the product.