G1 review by Zoom

Zoom: G1

I use this pedal with a Peavey 200w and its sounds epic and the sounds are clear and strong. The Wah Wah is excellent, however you need to avoid the reverb because it don't sound too good. Overall the sounds are amazing, but I do advise you create your own sounds. I have created about 30 effects and they are permanently saved onto the pedal until I reset it.

My band play mainly rock and listen to bands such as Avenged Sevenfold and Rage Against The Machine and this pedal suits this perfectly. I been playing for about two years and I use this pedal with my Yamaha Pacifica 112v. I have no regrets in purchasing this pedal and it has served me well. If this pedal was stolen I would, without a doubt, purchase another one. It is much better than the Zoom G2 and an overall amazing product that a good guitarist needs.

You could state your life that this pedal will not break. I use it at gigs and it's never failed on me once. With this pedal you won't need a backup pedal. If you look after this pedal I don't see what could go wrong with it. It is solid and has firm strong buttons and footswitches and is well protected if you drop it etc (I know, I've lost count of how many times I've dropped it).

The Zoom G1 Guitar effects pedal is an amazing piece of kit and is very useful for achieving a very large range of sounds from bands like XTC all the way up to bands like Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold. I bought my unit second hand (in perfect working order) and I have never used a better pedal than this. The manual supplied is very clear and helpful and its easy to edit and create your own patches (and it has a built in tuner which is very handy live).

Mr Bright
    Bought one for 20 dollars. The sound is very thin and digital. It's possible to create a satisfactory distortion patch and some clean ones too, if you tinker around with it long enough. But you're very limited. The best part about this processor is that it's got a decent tuner, plus you can use it with headphones. It's got a nice delay, up to 5 seconds, and you can control the intensity too.
    Codrut
    Hi, i am looking to buy a new processor, and i have to decide between this and Digitech rp55.. Can someone tell me wich one is better for metal? (waiting answer)
    mangjo
    Hey I have this tip, in case you haven't figured it out yet. To get rid of those annoying clipped/distorted sound, (specially when your playing Clean with EQ and some Parameters set to High), LESSEN as much as possible the PATCH VOLUME level. Do volume adjustments on your AMP only. Believe me, the result will be glorious!
    Fujicrow
    it's great as a beginner's fx unit.. you learn how every effect works and sounds, or the general idea...but it starts sounding thin and digital after you hone your ears after a while of playing. Still great for the price.
    rockmaster689
    Kexplorer wrote: It is the worst pedal i've ever used it is not worth the money
    You must be thinking of another pedal mate...
    Smart Patrol
    Some friends of mine have those Zoomies and they often reset by themselves, losing all the config. When warmed up they also stop working all of a sudden. Never been a fan. -_-