G1Next review by Zoom

Zoom: G1Next

Price paid: C$ 99

Yamaha RGX 521 (20 years old now, still excellent to play). Marshall VS265(built in Chorus) - Have had amp for 14 years. No noise what so ever, noise gate on Zoom is very effective. The effects are very strong and easy to manipulate and if you have a good ear for both tone and effects, you can create some unbelievably rich sounding patches. Quite simple duplicate some of my favorite artist sounds. I love Brian "Too Loud" MacLeod's tone (Headpins), Neil Schon (Journey), Gary Moore, Mark Knopfler, Tommy Emmanuel, Angus Young. Distortion/Delay/Wah/Phaser are excellent. Flanging is certainly fine although it's not an effect that I particularly incorportate into my patches. To touch back on the Delay Effect - this products delay features are high end, simply amazing. It's easy to create a "slap back" sound with long delay (digital, echo, analog, ping-pong) because you have the ability to use 2 types of delay at the same time! Once figure out how to do this, you'll be amazed at the sounds you can create in seconds!

Have played for 30 years, enjoy playing funk rhythm's, upbeat blues with gritty solos, rock, country. Enjoy the auto-wach on this unit. Very easy to use and the sound itself is interesting. Would definitely replace it if it were lost Personally, I have no issues with the Zoom G1Next, I simply love it. It does what it's designed to do and is quite user-friendly. From and editing persective, just be patient with it - don't be afraid to play around with it, edit edit edit... You'll be amazed at the sounds you can create. This product is designed for editing patches. That said, don't be overly critical of this unit if you are playing through a cheap amp and using low end guitar. The higher end products you use, the more enjoyable the product will be. Be patient with the Zoom, it's easy to use once you figure it out and the sound possibilities are endless... Really! I've created some patches that sound so professional and it only took a minute or two via editing.

It is dependable. I've had mine for more than 1 year and it simply does what it's supposed to do. Take care of it, don't abuse it and you'll be fine. Zoom has been a pretty reliable brand in the music world. I'd been using Boss products (Delay/Chorus) in the past however after hearing Zoom G1Next and subsequently purchasing it, I'd be hard pressed to go back to Boss although they make an extremely good product as well.

Exceptionally easy to create satisfying sounds very quickly... If you have a good ear for tone. Editing is as simple as it gets, just turn the knobs until the desired tone and effects are identified and save it. Copying patches can be done in seconds. The manual is straight forward for the most part, however, as with most products, you end up figuring out how it works on your own. Once you get the hang of this unit, you'll enjoy editing.

Cam'sGuitarSolo
    EveryThing You Need to have more fun at playing guitar or more serious guitar business, is inside that Zoom box, I own one to and it rocks the posibilities are really endless and i love the build in drum beats, it makes me learn to play pieces on guitar faster. Its a recommandation to every guitar player, old, young, Beginner, Pro (Something like that). there is just something for everyone, it simulates pretty nice.
    nailsarecruel
    Too impatient to learn how to save patches, so I've got a patch book and it suits me fine. Biggest demerit of this product is that it's powered on/off by the unit's input jack. That's unnecessary wear and tear that a simple on/off switch would solve.
    Destinyrider22
    i have the G1X (it has the wah-pedal thing on it) and i love it to death. the effects are great for a recording environment. i whole-heartedly agree with this review
    RockRolla
    I have the G1XN also with the built in pedal.I usually use the pedal as a volume pedal and it works great for that.The drive sounds are great as is the noise gate.This unit was inexpensive and easy to tweak.I use this pedal through my Marshall mini stack on the clean channel,and love the wide variety of tones it produces.
    Cam'sGuitarSolo
    RockRolla wrote: I have the G1XN also with the built in pedal. I use this pedal through my Marshall mini stack on the clean channel.
    It Should Be Used On Clean or else it has no Real use, Still good pedal.
    Akaforty
    I also have the G1XN (The same, but with pedal), and I couldn't be more happy with it. It can do really great, offers many effects and sounds that are awesome. There are only 2 downsides I noticed: You can choose only 2 effects at one time (One from modulation and one from EFX section), but it's not that big of a deal, and the second is that you can't play with reverb and have the drum machine on at the same time. For the price it's possibly the best thing you can get.