G1Next review by Zoom

Zoom: G1Next

When using this pedal, due to the extreme feedback I get on larger amps, I use a Marshall MG10. I use a Dean Razorback Cemetery Gates, or an ESP/LTD Viper 10, depending on the genre I feel like playing at any given time. The pedal has a very wide variety of sounds you can use, it's an excellent pedal for practicing with, and it has the ability to make great tones for almost any genre, from Death Metal, to Grunge, it even has an acoustic patch. I've found it to be a great pedal for things like Bush, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, as well as more modern bands, like Disturbed, Bullet For My Valentine, or Avenged Sevendfold.

Being a guitarist with a wide range of playing styles, whether it be pinch harmonics and dive bombs, or palm muting and chugging, I've found this to be a great pedal in the time I've owned it. I would definitely buy another if I needed to, it's well worth the buy.

As mentioned in the "Sound" category, when plugged in to a large amp, this pedal seems to generate a ridiculous amount of feedback. Personally, I wouldn't bring it on any large shows because of that, You'd have a hard time winning over an audience if the can't hear you're playing over the ear piercing squeals you'd get. It is, however, a great pedal for practicing alone, with a small amp, or at a small show, maybe indoors, with a few friends.

I've had this pedal for about two years now, it's fairly easy to use for both beginners and experts alike. This was my first pedal, and I figured it out within minutes of getting it. Another useful feature that I love, is the built in tuner it has, while it may not be the most pinpoint accurate tuner in the world, it works well enough as a replacement in case you've lost your other one.

indrajit.r.chat
    Can someone tell me if I should upgrade from zoom G1nx to some model by Boss (like the Gt100 or ME-70 ) ?? I have been learning for a year and am pretty much a beginner. And I hardly do stage performances...
    sayat-12
    I got the G1XN about a year ago and its an amazing processor that the sounds are quite well but i need to ask something is there any foot switch option in it i really need it but my amp doesnt support so i am stuck...
    Tob3210
    I'm having a nightmare using this pedal with other pedals because I don't know how to turn it off while playing, there's no on and off foot pedal. Is there an off channel I need to find? Could somebody tell me how to turn the pedal off while having it plugged in please?
    Tob3210
    Iniquitatis
    Can someone tell me the difference between G1Next and G1? I would like to know if I should buy it, if I have a G1. Thanks.
    smelly jolie
    This is a beaut, it got me even more motivated to learn and experiment with sounds and rhythms when i was learning, this is tops for anyone wanting a cheap first unit, you can find what sounds give you a stiffy and then lash out and buy the good stuff you REALLY need and want. Have fun out there!