G1X review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Zoom: G1X

Purchased from: online store

The sound is good but some effects sound the same. Pitch harmonizer is crappy but what do you expect when you pay $80 for a multi effects pedal and good pitch harmonizers cost $150 alone. I thought the delay was pretty good though. The distorions sound like Metalica or Rage Against the Machine but the sounds gets really fuzzy when you start to play chords (you can't hear the bottom strings at all) again what should I have expected for the money.

I play anything, other bands music (mostly rock and some metal), and I love to just play a note and go from there. If I could have done it all over I would have saved up for a DigiTech which I have used and can say first hand it's a Diamond compared to this pebble.

Hell no, it stopped working for me after a week but I'll just send it back and get another 1. But I really just want my money back. I would never use this Live in the first place considering you can shut it off easily, and considering my experience you better have a back up or your screwed.

First the Zoom G1X has no on and off button so, you have to either use the adapter, plug it in every time you want to play and unplug it every time you want to turn it off, or you can use batteries and have to take put them in and out every time you want to play. So, me being a lazy person I really do not want to do all that work. I just want to jam. Is it really so hard to put an on and off button on the thing. Also, editing the tempo of the drumachine to me just looked like a headache to me. I looked up how to do it in the manuel and to do it you have to and I qoute hit (bank up-tap) key once and then turn the (valve) know while the tempo value is being shown on the display.