G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

Purchased from: www.Wersound.com

I'm using it with a Yamaha Pacifica and a MG15CDR. It sounds really good and any rubish sounds I can blame on the guitar. It doesn't make any unwanted noise even on the highest distortian settings. The effects are very good and sound amazing. Certain overdrive settings sound a bit strange and the Vox wah can sound a bit weak when used with some of the overdrive. However the flanger and phasers are both really good and so are a lot of other of the effects.

I play any music that takes my fancy but mainly blues and rock. It's great for both and a lot of other different generes including heavy metal all the way to imitating an acoustic guitar. If it were ever stolen then I would probably buy something a bit better but it is still very good. I wouldn't use this pedal at a professional level but I would recomend it to beginers because it is relatively easy to use and offers a wide range of effects. The only thing I don't like about this fx pedal is its drum machine. It has a very limited selection and it would probably be better to get a younger brother or sister to bash a load of pots and pans.

Well, when I first got this my strap broke and my guitar landed on it. I'm not a short person so it was a long way down for the guitar. The guitar came out worse off, with a lot of dents and the G1X only had a scratch on the screen but, hey, wot can you expect from a pedal with a plastic screen. I would probably use this in a gig without a backup but you never can be too careful.

Overall it is a very easy to use pedal. However it may take a while for some people to work out how to use it. I found that the manual wasn't particularly helpful and can be uite confusing at times. But it is still very easy to get a great sound without having to know all the ins and outs of the pedal.