G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

Purchased from: Long and Mcqaude

I play a Les Paul Standard and Strat through this bad boy into a little Peavey tube amp. The noise reducer really does it's job, high gains are not muffled as when I play through just the amp. The effects are all pretty awesome, though sometimes the wah's are not as noticable when you have a strong Overdrive on (I am comparing it to my crybaby that I own though). The presets have some great artist sounds ~20 of them are deticated to artists. IMO all the effects sound as good (or close enough) as the single pedals.

I play every style of music (except country) and I can get any sound I want from it, prolly even a little country if I wanted. If it was lost or stolen I would definately buy another one, with the price the purchase is a steal in itself. I love the sounds that it creats, but I don't like the size of the pedal (again the crybaby is much larger and accomodating in size). I only wish it was a little larger and maybe a little tougher.

It seems dependable, nothing has broke yet (knock on wood), but I think it is not tough enough to Gig with (again I am comparing it to my crybaby), it is extreamely light, a little cheapy, but what do you expect for the money, the price had to come from somewhere and they did not sacrafice sound.

This is sooo easy to use, it has multiple present patches that sound pretty awesome. All the effects are very true to the tone of the guitar. It is truely easy to find that sound you are looking for. The manual explain everything but the device is almost self explainatory.

mack attack
    I have one and it's amazing for its price and its effects are great, my favourite is the Tom Morello effect with the wah only downfall is no off button
    udaz