G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

Purchased from: GAK

I am currently using an Epiphone standard les paul and a Kustom amp (I'm not sure about the model) but I used to use a stratocaster copy either way it sounds great. Unfortunately it can be noisy on low volume(especially on distortion patches)and there can be a lot of fiddling around with amp settings to keep it quite. Though most effects have a volume control so it can be done without messing up amp settings. I haven't experienced any problems with sound in the pedal and most of them sound very good. Another good point for this pedal is that it has some signature effects of some of my fave artists (Nirvana, Van Halen etc.) and I have used these efffects possibly more than the rest. Effects such as wah and Whammy are pretty cool and distortion wins it for me too. I'm not so impressed with some of the reverb but other than that it is an amazing piece of equipment. My favourite effect is a Zoom creation 'ExtremeDS' which is a metal effect.

I play a lot of rock music and this pedal and my music is a match made in heaven. It has most of the distortion and overdrive I need and it has Whammy and wah. I have been playing about two 1/2 years and have used a DigiTech Death Metal and a noise suppressor pedals, out of them I would choose the Zoom G1X it is much easier to use, you can edit patches easily and it is good for a wide range of guitar players. I would definitely buy another if it got lost or stolen it is so cheap it is worth it. I love the expression pedal it is one of my favourite features but I don't like the size of the pedal I think it is too small, and my feet are only size 9! I wish it had an easier way to change patches but even so I would recommend it to anyone wishing to buy their first effects pedal.

It is a pretty durable piece of kit to have. I have dropped it 6 times and it hasn't broken, except for the covering to the patch display which fell out. It is also sooo relable. I have used it already in front of an audience of about 200 with my band without a backup. One problem I experienced was changing effects quickly, but I don't mind, I only use about 1/2 of the effects anyway.

I liked this pedal from the start because it was easy to use before I even read the manual, you can just plug it in and play with the effects, but if you want to edit patches you're going to have to read the manual because other wise you'll get confused. Once you've read the manual though it's a simple process to edit patches. The sound is also a good quality for the pittance I paid for it. It is extremely good value.

AndrogynousMind
    i got this pedal cause i needed some effects other than distortion cause i already have that.I gave it back the next day because the only good thing was distortion.The acoustic was weak and the flanger,tremolo and phaser all sounded tacky and overdone.
    plits
    I think that this pedal is sooooo goooood for its price. It's sound is very good. I tried to make some u2 sounds with delay and it was pretty good!!