G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

Purchased from: L and M

I either play my ESP LTD M-400FM (which I love btw) or my Epiphone Dot into this and from there into my Crate Flexwave Halfstack (which I also love) and I can usually get very good tones. It is also has very good versatility. I can get good Metal, Hard Rock, Modern Rock, Blues, Ska, Prog and probably country (though I've never tried)sounds out of this effect and they all sound pretty good, particularly metal. The wah on the Zoom G1X is, however, pretty bad sounding and I would recommend a Cry Baby or something seperate along those lines for heavy Wah usage. The Acoustic Simulator is also pretty weak and I would never use it in a performance. My favourite artist effects are: Tom Morello (w/ the octave up on the expression pedal), Angus Young (pretty good Hells Bells sound), and the Kurt Cobain effect. Although my favourite effects on the unit are deffently the Fuzz Face, the Peavy 5150, and the Boss OD-1.

I play anything from Metal to Blues and this suits all styles of music well. It has AMAZING value for only $100 CDN. If it were stolen I would probably save up for a different multi-effects pedal, probably something by Boss or Line 6 just becuase they have more tones. It's very compact and I would deffently recomend it to anyone Who is not an extremely serious player, as the tones are oviously not as good as those that you would get from a $800 multi effects pedal.

Although I haven't because I have needed all of the effects it has, I would deffently depend on this because, like said in an earlier review it is cased in a very hard plastic that would be tough to break. I would use it on a gig without a backup but I would be a lot more comfortable with it if I had the AC Adaptor to make sure the batteries wouldn't die.

This is an extremely easy pedal to use and getting the tones you want out of it is very simple. Editing patches is also very easy and user-friendly. I never bothered to read the manual for this effect as it seemed to be mostly common sense, however it did come with a patch list of all of the tones and the artists that use them which is very helpful.

jesus the strat
    Got it for christmas and i love it!! My first mass effects pedal and its pretty good for about 30 i think it was
    ThrashMetal19
    I got one of these. for metallica and ozzy songs i use vox wah and extreme distortion its awesome as
    Chris253
    i have got one of these and i would definately recommend it. it is very good especially for its price.
    MmmmPistachios
    I just bought one of these. It's an alrite little pedal in my opinion. My only major dislike is the fact the mute function will briefly switch to the next patch for a split second. Making stop start passages quite difficult. also an option to change the range of the pedal for each patch would have been nice (other than having to mess with the range in general.