G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

Kay practice amp, Strat copy. It is noisy depending on what effects you have on or distortion modeling. The noise gate is nice but sometimes cuts out the notes unaturally. Some of the amp models are really nice, especailly if your amp's suck. The Whammy effect is kinda weak because the pedal doesn't track very fast but I still find myself using the effect all the time becuase it is so darn fun. The Trem and Flanger are great.

You can harness a lot of different musical styles with this. There really is no limit because of all the different possibilities you can have. There is metal sounds to an acoustic modeler. If it were stolen I would be pissed because I can't just go out and buy another. I would probably stick some money into some nice Boss or DigiTech pedals instead. This is a great pedal for beginners because you get a taste of all kinds of effects and distortions to kinda figure out what you might buy in the future. Money well spent. Buy it used if possible though.

I would gig with it because it's all I can afford. But with fresh batteries and the power source in I would trust it. Sometimes the expression pedal squeeks and it gets really annoying if your playing at a low volume. A little grease would fix it I'm sure. One cool thing about this pedal is that you can fit the whole library of sound right in your guitar case. I can carry my amp, guitar, and effects all in one haul, no multiple trips to the car.

It is fairly easy to get a good sound out of this pedal, and editing patches is simple after reading the manual. There are websites online where people post patches some are quite good. The manual helped me out a lot because it is a little overwhelming at first but it is easy to catch onto. My unit hasn't been upgraded but I put on some of my own presets. You can put on quite a few of your own presets it is quite nice.

squierstratdave
    i just got this pedal, i have to plug it into a bass amp and it sort of changes the sound into a normal guitar amp now, i cannot fault it apart from the expression pedal, in my opinion i would reccomend just getting the G1 if you were thinking going to buy this