G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

Purchased from: under trhe christmas tree

it (surprisingly) doesnt't give any background noise or feedback..that said it hasn't been at full yet. When you choose an effect using the instructions it WILL be what you want and pretty much perfect. All the effects are good, reverb in perticular... the wah is slightly disapointing but you can definatly Live with it and I hear you always get a slightly naff wah with multi-effects. I currently use it with my westfeild E4000 LP copy, a Marshal Mg10k and a couple of leads and it's the only peice of equipment I'm not even slightly disapointed in. I can get the sound of any artist I want, not perfectly but I have been very impressed with the Van Halen setting and many more.

I play hard/ heavy, AC/DC, Van Halen style rock... it suits me perfectly (I recon even if I played classical I could sound ace with it). This is my first pedal in the 2 and a half years (about half a year VERY seriously) of playing. I don't have anything to regret, great pedal, awesome. If I lost it I'd probably buy another. I especialy love it. Unfortunatly I've got nothing to compare it too, but if I had I think it'd win.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. It's never broken down, I don't think it ever will, it has a tuner built in and everything so I don't need to keep unpluging it. I'm going to use it at gig's without a backup and I'm not scared of it falling apart (unless I chuck it at the drums).

I think it could be a lot easier to use but it could also be so much harder but... ! Do not buy one if your impatient! It took me about a week to get used to it and now it's like a sixth sense while playing guitar. It's easier to get a good sound out off than my amp and I quite like it. Yer, I said it takes a lot of getting used to but it probably wouldn't of taken so long if I'd used the manual straight away, it does help.