G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

I use an Ibanez GRG270B which has pretty useless pickups, however no matter what type of guitar you use the quality of sound is perfect. Due to the built-in ZNR (Zoom Noise-Reducer), you can set if you want it to hum a little or not- have yet to figure out why you would want that. The only problem with this is the sustain on your guitar is slightly hindered, but it's a small price to pay for the quality of these effects. The built in effects especially for certain artists are amazing. I particulary prefer the "Kirk Lead", based on Kirk Hammett from Metallica, this effect is absolutely perfect for the solo in "one". Another of my other favourites is the "Rage Riff" patch, based on Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine, I'm not sure what song the effect is based on, but if you set the Pitch bend to +2 octaves, you can play "Killing in the name" perfectly, and with the built-in expression pedal, the solo is soo easy to play.

I play a massive variety of music; from Slipknot to Less Than Jake, this pedal has so many effects, if you can't find the effects you need, you're not looking hard enough. I've been playing for just over a year but I'm religiously obsessed with guitar-playing so I think I have a valid opinion. If this were stolen, I would hunt down whoever stole it, that's how amazing this pedal is... of course I'm quite a lazy person so I would just go buy another one. I love the built-in expression pedal as I am a fan of Zakk Wylde style solos with ridiculous wah-sounds and with the pedal I can perfect this style. My brother uses another Zoom multi-effects pedal, which honestly I didn't particluarly like, Which is why buying this one was a big gamble, needless to say, I don't regret my decision and I would strongly recommend this pedal. If you need an effects pedal. Buy This.

This thing's built like a tank, if you ever break this thing. Your an idiot. The solid plastic body is extremely tough and would be really hard to bust, the expression pedal is bolted on tight so there's no chance of that ever screwing up. I would definately gig with this with no backup, you don't even need any other effect pedals, this thing does everything well.

This pedal is so easy to operate, though at first it's a little confusing, the manual tells you everything you need to know. Within literally about 20 minutes of me buying this- 5 minutes of which were reading the manual, I completely understood everything there is to know about this pedal. Editing the patches is very simple but is a little annoying having to go through all the different effects as there are soo many.