G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

I currently have no job and therefore no money, so I use my Squier Stratocaster (been playing 2 and a bit years and it has done me well) along with my Line 6 Spider III 30 watt amp (bought together with pedal shortly after Christmas). The tone is great for the price, and there is little to no background noise. The only time I do get static is when I have the bridge pickup selected, Tone knob on 10 and the TV on with the pickups facing the screen. The effects are fairly decent, they make playing even more enjoyable and the acoustic guitar simulator is great! The wide range of effects for the price is amazing, although some effects such as the pitch shifter can get a little out of hand compared to their expensive cousins on the market. One of my favourite patches is C6/26 - Kirk Hammett's patch. It sounds very good, and he is one of my favourite musicians, along with Eddie Van Halen, Hendrix, Angus Young, Satriani, Santana, Clapton etc. There are a few websites that host patches for you to impliment into your list to allow complete customisation of your tones!

I play everything from Rock, to Metal, to Indie to blues, and this pedal ticks all the boxes. If it were to be stolen I would definitely buy another, however maybe of the G2.U instead as my good friend has that pedal and tells me it is better than his G1. I love the look and feel of this pedal. It is modern and the tuner is extremely handy when Live or simply at home. There is only one thing that I dislike and that is the colour. Possibly variations would be good, IE blue, purple and green, or black but this suits the G1X as it is so I am happy with it. The only thing I wish it had is a bigger tap button so that I can use my foot instead of having to lean down to set the tempo, but I only do that for the drum Machine so it doesn't really bother me too much. Overall a great buy, and I totally recommend it!

I have had this pedal for little over a month, and nothing has gone wrong so far. The battery life is quite long, but I recommend plugging it in most of the time. There have been no crashes or bugs, and my patch list is still intact with no wipes. I use it regularly at my band practices with no problems. It survived a Marshall 15 Watt amp being dropped on it, with no scratches, and the expression pedal operates smoothly with no creaks or anything. I would use it Live at a gig without backup, as long as it is plugged in. It can be easy to unplug if you trip over the power lead, so be careful as when it turns on, it is set to default and will need re-setting up, which doesnt't't take long, but in the middle of a song is not a very good thing to happen!

This is a very basic but effective pedal. You can take it out of the box, plug it in and get great effects and tone without editing or making your own patches. When you do decide to edit a patch, you wont have the foggiest idea of what to do unless you have had a similar pedal before, or read the instruction manual. When you do know what to do, it is easy and can be done in minutes. The Manual itself is very straightforward and easy to understand. It isn't a dictionary, and isn't a picture book.

ShreddimusPrime
    just tried it and loved it. much better metal tones than my boss me-20, and for nearly half the price.
    [R]ocker.4.life
    you can bypass it
    mack attack wrote: I have one and it's amazing for its price and its effects are great, my favourite is the Tom Morello effect with the wah only downfall is no off button
    snell
    Ive just bought this today and its awesome, only problem is my guitar losing alot of its sustain and notes get cut short, does anyone have any ideas?
    calger14
    its my first effects pedal. could someone tell me some good setting for playing metallica and iron maiden please. please send me message if u do. Thanks
    Bryce98
    This piece of equipment is everything I wanted. The wah-wah is very good, but the harmoniser isn't great, although I overlook the harmoniser because I never use it. The built-in tuner is fantastic and easy to use.