G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

Price paid: A$ 130

Purchased from: Musos corner, Newcastle

I use a B\.C\. Rich KK wartribe and an Ashton GA100FX with it, and it has a good sound. Because of the inbuilt noise gate, which is permernant, you can't switch it off, it has a volume increaser, so it is very loud. It seems to make ur amp 1 1/2 times as loud from esperience. The effects in general sound great, my only whinge is the distortion which on some patches sounds a bit too digital. I can easily get the sound of my favourite artist, Metallica, especialy since there is an inbuilt Metallica patch.

I play metal, and it suits it fairly well. I have been playing a few years, and own a Ashton GA100FX, B\.C\. Rich KK wartribe. This pedals effects smash that off the asthons inbuilt effects. If It we're stolen I would probably buy a higher model on this Zoom G line, but if I were strapped for cash I probably would. I love the reverb and delay, which are realy easy to use, but I dislike some of the distortion patches in this pedal. I did compare it to a cuple stopboxes, but I prefered the all in 1 effects unit. Overall quite impressed.

This this is built solid as they come. Althogh the top is plastic, I could never see it breaking unless you dropped it off a building, and even then might take it all lol. The left dial came off once, so i put a drop of super glue inside the dial cap and its never come off again, nor the other dial. I would well and truly use it at a gig without a backup.

This Pedal is a multi-effects unit with 40 preset patches and 40 user defined patches. It has 2 patch selector buttons (footswitch), 2 dials to dial in the sound and an expression pedal with a display screen in the middle. The manual wasn't great, but online there is a downloadable PDF that I found helped more. It also has a built in noise gate, and a inbuilt digital tuner which are handy. Editing patches is fairly simple: you use the left dial to select the effect/EQ/reverb etc and use the footswitch buttons to turn it on/off, and use the right dial to select the speed/depth of the effect. At first it seems complicated, but I picked it up within about an hour. My unti hasn't been upgraded at all.

ibanez_6784
    i got this pedal somewhere at the beginning of the year gotta say, pretty good multi-fx, already have a few custom patches made (which may be subject to change, a lot)
    Bryce98 wrote: This piece of equipment is everything I wanted. The wah-wah is very good, but the harmoniser isn't great, although I overlook the harmoniser because I never use it. The built-in tuner is fantastic and easy to use.
    well, im not the biggest fan of the harmonizer effect either @snell, check the ZNR section on the pedal, if the noise supressor thing is at a pretty high level (6-9), turn it down to somewhere along 1-3
    sonofsatchmo
    Hi, I am new to multi-fx pedals and am looking at either this or the digitech RP90. I have noticed that you can't bypass this, but am still wondering which is better. Any suggestions? Many thanks.