G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

Purchased from: Mark's Guitar Shop

I use an Epiphone SG Special and a Raven RG20. Generally, the pedal sounds great. The effects in general sound great, and the distortions sound very powerful. My guitar gives off some noise, and distortions just make it worse, but the ZNR perfectly silenced this. I also use it when I play with noisy pedals, and it really does remove the sound. I personally keep it at 4-6 max, since anything past that cuts off some harmonics. The amp sim is perfect when recording or playing with headphones. I especially love the stack amp sim. It has an extremely powerful tone to it, but you just need to turn down the bass on the EQ. The drum Machine isn't that great sounding, though. They're acceptable when just keeping a beat or messing around a bit, though. There's metronome sounds, too. The Acoustic sim also is beautiful. However, be careful with clean tones and the phaser. Clean tones seem to be really loud when comparing them to distorted effects, and the Phaser can cause clipping when hitting the extremes of sound. To be honest, you're going to get a good sound out of this, so long as you read the manual and maybe check out some of the presets.

This effect is perfect for me, since I don't have much cash. I personally use it for metal and hard rock, but you could use it for pretty much every genre. I'd buy this again if I lost this one somehow and couldn't get the cash for one of their new ones with built-in USB. I love the powerful distortions it has, as well as the beautiful clean tones it can create. I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years, and I wanted a multi effects pedal that I could afford. The only other thing I could ask to add to this would be USB capabilities. I recommend this to everyone who can't afford a better version of a Zoom multi effects pedal and found this on sale.

This pedal is not going to let you down. The only problem I ever had was that the Compressor at level 9 causes my tone to get extremely loud, but I don't think that happened until I accidentally got my G1X stuck magnetically to my speaker for a moment. I would use this on a gig, as it has pretty much everything I'd want, and wouldn't give up. I've never used it with batteries, though. I always just use the included power converter. I did drop my Danelectro Fab Metal Pedal onto it once (the box side opened when putting it in the box), and it didn't even crack the plastic.

I found it very easy to get some very nice sounds when first starting to make my own patches. I had to use the manual and the little card that tells you what all the displays mean, but it's still pretty easy to understand what most things mean. Using the tuner, drum machine, and navigating the bank were also all very easy.

andreirosete
    guys can you give me the setting for g1x "B2" i edited and accidentally saved it now i cant find the right setting for B2(peavy 5150)please reply
    Ro734
    that 3.3/10 review is shit to turn off you take the jack out of the input not take the batteries out
    jailhawkk
    ha i have this one i payed 80 for it and its got crazy sound, transforms any shitty amp to a beast but has a pit of sustain problems with bad amps but if u hook it up to a big fancy big lable amp its crazy sustain. i personaly like to hook up a cry babe to add to the gain with out haveing to turn the overdrive on because it can mess wif the delay, but evey thing on it is bitchen and ppl sould def check it out
    adstr123
    ericgentz wrote: I tried my friends, its pretty good. Thinking about getting one.
    I tried my friend's, thought it was pretty good. Then bought one and realised it was shit.