G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

Purchased from: music land

I played it through a ritmiller amp and guitar, so I obviously didn't get to appreciate its full potential. The Drive and clean effects were the ones that stood out for me. This pedal can do a lot of things, but it doesn't do them very well. I have played through the G1 as well, and I woul say that the expression pedal is very handy. If you have the extra cash, go for the G1X. The amp modelling and reverb effects didn't do much on my setup, but maybe it performs better on a quality amp, although if you have a quality amp it would be stupid to use an entry level effectspedal.

The G1X is perfectly suited for use at home. It is highly versatile as it covers all your basic needs. You can get anything from a good chilled vibe to a screaming, high gain metal tone out of it. But if you are serious about gigging and your live music career, rather get something else. I'd say that this pedal is perfect for budding guitarists who are past the Drive on/drive off level. Ps, I live in South Africa so the currency is Rand.

On one or two occations the G1X frose up and had to be reset, and if the electricity trips momentarily your unsaved changes, such as volume, revert to default. This has the potential to be humiliating. If I was to use it at a gig, I'd put batteries in, just in case. Other than that it doesn't have any problems.

When you first get this pedal it may be a bit intimidating, but once you get used to it its real fun to use. For the price the parameters of the different effects are good. Its easy to adjust the patches to the sound that you want, although you shouldn't expect it to sound like the real thing. You can get everything you need to know out of the manual, although it is a bit laborous.

monsterkabouter
    If ur just playing at home or with friends, go for it. But if ur gigging seriously or recording, rather pay more and get a propper pedal.