G1X review by Zoom

Zoom: G1X

Purchased from: Ebay

People act as if sound is like fine wine and you can tell the difference between it and cheaper wines and more expensive is better. Well in reality humans can't really tell the difference there are studies on that. I'm not saying the effects sound exactly like what they represent but they do sound good as their own seperate effect. This has a ton of possible combos and you can emulate or make some cool sounds. This also has a drum Machine which is cool for practice. This pedal seems to eliminate feedback which is cool. IMO the best effects are Fuzz Face, and some distortion I can't remember. There are really no bad effects just some very strange ones. Oh wait, the octave up and down are sort of bad. Octave down sounds alright but sometimes makes a weird noise as if reverting back to higher notes. The octave higher is bad though it sounds like you are playing through a metal tube and its janky. Most of the effects have different levels so they usually aren't weak. I have a Parker P44 and that presented the only problem I've had, it has active Pickups so I think the pedal couldn't process it or something because it sounded weaker even with no effects on but more powerful when directly to amp. This did not happen with my other guitars.

I like to play blues, jazz, and funk and this has a lot of neat stuff for that. It also has (dare I say it) good effects for metal. This is really a match for any genre. For the money this is great, if you only find 2 or three effects you really like it pretty much pays off, especially because you would need to get cables to run and connect all your pedals. So its pretty good for multiple effects. Only thing I wish it had is a mor rugged less reactive pedal like a nice chunky wah. That and an off switch. I would recommend this to anyone starting out, on a budget, or who has tested one and likes several effects. Personally though I don't really use all the effects so I just bought a Big Muff and use that with my Wah and I'm set.

This pedal is reliable I have had no problems except what is stated above. This pedal is pretty rugged with the exception of maybe the expression pedal but it would still be hard to break. I personally would use it on a gig but it uses alot of power so its hard to chain it uses a whole 300mA. If I were to use it it would be only with a simple effect like OD or Fuzz or Flanger nothing using the expression pedal really, except maybe flanger to make it "Flang" faster.

Ease of use is hard to rate for this, I purchased it without a manual and didn't feel like reading the online one. That being said I figured out most things about this people complain about use but it really isn't bad if you play around with it for a while. Editing patches is a little confusing so I'd use the manual on that one. As for the design of this it would be 7 also. Every thing is in the right place but the expression pedal is a bit squeaky on mine and is somewhat touchy due to it being small, Wah is still useable however I have a Dunlop Wah which is much easier. My last complaint is it has no on off and when turned off resets to default but that's not really a big deal.

Stikit2duhman
    This is awesome for chill shit like jamming at home or with friends and even small informal gigs. My favorite thing about it is playing small gigs and you don't have to go through the trouble of hauling ALL your pedals and wires and shit. Instead, just 1 neat little pedal 70% of the time I jam at home, I use this, cuz its all there and I don't have to touch too much shit. and considering the price, I think it is well worth it.
    Shornifier
    Hrm. Piece of shyte in my opinion. Used several ZOOM multi-FX pedals (including this one), never been satisfied once. Good thing I wasn't the owner of any of them.