G1XNext review by Zoom

Zoom: G1XNext

Purchased from: ebay

My main guitar is an Agile AL-2000, but I also have played my Fender Squier Strat, and an Ibanez (I'm not sure which model) through this pedal. I play through a Fender Mustang II, or a Peavey sound system. The sound quality is top notch with all of them. Most of the effects have a very strong sound, but some of the factory presets are weak or strange sounding. Virtually any sound can be achieved using this pedal. I have played Newsboys, Metalica, Kutless, Green Day, Bon Jovi, and Guns N' Roses, and I was able to get spot on sound. I don't like the Chorus they have, and i don't use Flanger or anything like that, but the distortion and Wah effects are really good.

I play mostly praise and worship, but I play everything from blues, to metal, to classic rock. This works for all of these styles. I've been playing for about two and a half years now, and I still use this pedal. If it got lost or stolen I would probably by another one, but i might try a DigiTech RP250 or something. There is really nothing I would change, except maybe make it simpler to use.

Even though it is made mostly of plastic, it is very durable. I have dropped it countless times, and all I have to show for it is a few surface scratches and dings. None of the electronics have been damaged, and its taken a few hard falls and kicks. I would definately take this to use on a gig without a backup. I actually have gigged this pedal without a backup.

Though the user manual is fairly explainatory, you still need a good deal of experience to operate this pedal. I have had it for over a year, and have just recently figured it out completely. I have done tons of fidelling with it, and some things I still can't figure out. Once you get started with it you can, operate it with ease. Patch editing is simple once you get the hang of it. Just scan through the amp choices, chose reverb, any special effects, and the amount of noise reduction, and you're good to go.

eilu
    ive tested a lot of digital effects, but i have to say that the analog technology fits much better for the guitar sound. In my opinion, effect pedals like this one just modulate the sound to a shitty signal !
    gothikchile13
    To everyone complaining about this pedal: what did you expect from a $100 multi-FX pedal? It's only $100! On average, if you were to buy each stomp box individually, they would be about $100 each.
    nico labobar
    I bought G1XNEXT for US$800 and I don't regret it. You still need a lot of practicing with it, especially how to obtain your expected volume outcome.
    rockmaster689
    6-String_Madman wrote: Anyone, does the expression pedal of this squeak in time? My G1x does. Thanks in advance.
    Oil it then lol
    Smart Patrol
    Im a bit skeptical about this kind of multieffect. I watched 2 demos. One, amateur, sounded awful. Tne other one, pro from Russia, the guy made it sound like Heavy Metal. However, it sounds a bit processed for my taste. I prefer separate pedals, even if I have less tonal options (see my rig). Anyway, I think it can be a good option for the price.
    Shornifier
    vnguitarist wrote: is the Zoom G1xntuner accurate ? i find the high e string need to be fine tuned to 441 hertz while the other strings are set at 440 hertz reference pitch. is it the string that's the problem or something else?
    Dude, just don't buy this pedal. I've used it and it totally funkin sucks. You might get the impression that it sounds pretty cool when you're JUST playing with this pedal, but once you start to compare and open up your ears, there are so many flaws and you'll regret ever buying it. If you wanna know why I think it sucks: it sounds really digital, the EQ is a mess, expression pedal feels weird, reverb sounds awkward (and digital), oh and the answer to your question about the tuning accuracy? - plugging the guitar into my ass would be more accurate. Get a chromatic tuner. And like the dudes above said, horrible high/mid pierce, impossibru to get good distortion. Impossibru. nuff said.