G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

The sounds are great. As I had said, I can play every song that I want to with it. I am using it with a Fender RAD 75 watt amp. I keep it on bright. I can get great distortion with this pedal, many different effects can be achieved with it. There are many different wah settings, many different distortion settings, many different clean tones, a few delay modes, a few different styles of reverb, and a six band equalizer. It has absolutely no background noise if you have the noise reducer on. The most common styles are; Metal, Rock, Blues, Jazz, Grundge and every other damn style in the world.

If this pedal was stolen/lost, I would buy this pedal, and a footboard. I love how it has like 90% chrome. I hate thinking that it might break if I drop it. I wish it had a built in foot pedal.

It is fairly durable, though I wouldn't recommend dropping it. The bank buttons are pure metal, and are easily replacable. I do use it in concert without a backup.

I think that it is very easy to get a good sound out of it. It has a lot of effects, so I have been able to play any song that I want to. The patches are really easy to edit. All it takes are turns of a few knobs. The manual explains everything very well. You can not exactly change between multiple patches very easily. There are only two buttons for switching patches. And the drum Machine can not be controled by your feet. And it can not really be upgraded. The only addition you can get for it is; a foot pedal or foot switch.