G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

Purchased from: eBay

I use a crappy Behringer Strat though a not bad Behringer 15w amp and Jesus Christ it seriously sounds like an Ibanez RG, I played in a guitar shop through a Vox Valve amp. No joke. Even without the noise gate active, and on a single coil pickup, and very high distortion, there is hardenly any noise atall. With the Z(oom) N(oise) R(eduction) active you can stick your ear up to the amp and not hear a thing. Chorus works really well for classic rock such as stairway to heaven and the more recent behind blue eyes. There alot effects and sound mods that I am not gonna go into nut I have to mention zooms very own creation "Zoom Extreme Distortion" bloody hell. Highest gain ever. Very good for use with power chords as they are brought out beautifly (well as beautiful as high gain powerchords get). It also contains many stomp box modals such as the Boss Metal Zone.

I have had no experience with other pedals but I have heard some top range stomp boxes and this is as good even more and its the same price as just 1 stomp box. USB would be useful but the quality from the specialised studio patch setting is good enough straight from line out. I love the simplicity of this Machine and to be quite honest theres only onething I don't like, the effects change, you need to use your fingers to press the small buttons. I can live with it though as the sound quality blows me away everytime. If it was stolen I would be bak on eBay looking for another one that hour.

It is built like a boulder. You could put quite a bit of wieght on this and the rubber sides mean it can be bashed around.