G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

Purchased from: ebay

With this pedal I use the Marshall Rock Box set. Before I bought the pedal, the sound I got from my guitar and amp was very thin and weedy, however now I can immitate most guitarists sounds perfectly. The pedal only gets really noisy on some of the distortion/overdrive effects however a certain amount of this can be cancelled out with the built in noise gate.

This is a great match for me as I am still finding out which types of music I most enjoy playing as I haven't been playing for a vast amount of time. If this pedal was stolen or lost I would probably save up for the Zoom G2\.1U which is only around 40 more expensive, however I would have no problem buying it again. I chose to buy this pedal as my friend had it and I thought it was awesome, also, this pedal completely dominates over another friends xv-amp by berhinger. The only thing I could wish this pedal has which it doesn't is a usb connection to connect to my computer.

This pedal is built like a tank. I have played live with it without worry of it letting me down (however I was worried about my guitar failing completely). I can completely rely on this pedal and will certainly gig without backup again. I think this pedal will last me along time and a cannot see it breaking without something majorly catestrophic happening to it.

I bought this pedal a couple of weeks ago and it rocks, simple as that. You can get a massive variety of sounds from the preset patches however you may wish to tweek this or make your own according to your tastes. It only took a couple of hours for me to figure out completely how to use it and editing patches is a doodle.