G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

My setup is a les paul custom and the amp is a Fraynor T30/GR. The sound for all the effects are straight out amazing. With distortion it's all a matter of fiddling with the knobs until the fuzz is berable. I play a lot of metal, rock and occasionally classics and I can get everything with this G2. The effect that I find is awesome is the choice of distortion. There are so many choices to choose from and each one is popular single pedals.

I play metal, rock and classical so I can find everything with this stomp box. I have been playing for about a year non-stop. I don't have any other gear. If this where stolen or lost I sure as hell wouldn't be able to afford another one. But imagine I could then ya I would buy it again. The only thing I hate about it is that there is no pedal that comes with, the pedal is extra. But for the pedal I would only use it for wah which is all I could think of right now. The drum beats is a cool feature but I don't use it at all. I first wanted to get the DigiTech RP100A but the store didn't have it so the next best thing I could afford was this.

For sure I can depend on it because it's made of metal. I also don't go really hard on anything so I know it will last for a long time. I would for sure put my trust in the G2 at a gig. if anything would be to break then I would guess it would be the knobs but that is only if somebody abuses it.

At first the figuring out everything was a pain, but after reading the manual everything was simple and easy to use. My stomp box didn't come with a manual (used). Editing the patches takes only a couple seconds to select the effect then boom organise it in the memory.