G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

Purchased from: Louth, Lincs., England

I have a Fender/Squier Strat and a Marshall amp (which ic can't remember the make of). I can get a really good range of sounds out of it from soft clean sounds to absolute bloomin' tons of distortion (if I need it). My amp also has a clean/overdrive button on it and the sounds created by the FX pedal change accordingly. Some effects you need to set just right on all the right settings so they sound just right but some of them are great on whatever setting. My fave artist at the mo is nirvana and I've adapted loads of patches to suit the different songs e.g. Come As You Are and Lithium.

I love grunge and heavy metal and this is really good for any type of sound you would want to make for this ind of genre. I don't own much other stuff but this for me is a great buy! I don thate anything about it, there are a few itsy bitsy probs about batt. Power but it's great! Not much else it doesn't have that I would need. It can go into 8va mode either way and double 8va upwards!

I have depended on it for a while now and it hasn't really made me want to throw it out the window! No, I wouldn't really do that to any of my music stuff anyway! It relies a lot on battery power (4 AAs) and I've had to change them quite a lot but when it's up and running it's great! It has a mega fast patch change so I could use it in a gig without backup if I needed to! I'd get fresh batteries first, though!

This gives the fastest patch change that I've ever known for an fx pedal and editing patches is dead easy too! I've created a list of myt edited patches to suit the songs I like 2 play and it is really easy to understand what's what and where evrything is. The manual is split up in to easy to understand sections for doing everything that you'd need to do on an fx pedal. It also gives troubleshoting and a list of fx stored on the pedal which you can mix into one patch. There are 40 spaces for an edited patch with the default on in its own menu too.

wolfnetong5
    This thing is also very good for Rec sessions. The ZNR and noise gate functions real well to eliminate that annoying hum you get when recording. Also, you can switch to this algorithm designed specifically for Mic or Line-in recording... Just stick the output cable into a respectable sound card and u got urself a digital recording studio. Damn this thing is good!
    Megahunter
    i have been having my g2 for 2 days and i love it allready i only got a shity start copy and a 10 watt amp but with the g2 between it can sound like the orginal sweet child o mine slash guitar part and other good songs
    a-person
    its a good pedal i had it for almost a year now and i found it easy to use and to learn