G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

I use a Vintage SG copy through a Fender FM65R. It works ok with the amp and sounds amazin through the guitar (which I highly recommend). I'd have to say it's a bit noisy with effect number 15. You get a lot of unwanted feedback. You get brilliant effects though. Just turn the effects knob to play and press the right footbutton to go up through the effects and the left one to go down. You can get perfect Muse, Led Zeppelin and even Slipknot sounds. By Turning the effects knob to all the different effects (such as delay, reverb, Drive) and change them as you please. Plus by pressing the bank button and following the manual instructions, you can make your own sounds! It's even got a tuner!

I play metal and rock and the Zoom G2 does it all fantasticly. Apart from a few rough controls and complicated things it's brilliant. If it's stolen or lost buy a new one immediately! I compared it with the Line6 Floor POD and, no comparison, the Zoom was miles better. For 60 why say no?

Guys, you can depend on this baby. It's very, very, very reliable and almost impossible to break down. If you go to a gig without a back up, don't woory, it wont let you down. The Zoom G2 is probably one of the most reliable and durable things you can buy!

It is rather complicated to get wht you want out of it. I'd recommend reading the manual before pluggin in this baby. It's quite straight-forward (by turning the effects knob to play you can flick through 99 differnt sounds!) but then there's the difficult bits (e.g. fitting in drukm patterns, tuning).

exiles23
    very high quality sounds and can transform an average amp into sounding great great mixture of sounds
    kimahri1113
    The sound is great, but I have found that after extended use, the two foot switches wear out and they don't work. Mine stopped some time ago, but I still use it all the time. It's a great piece of equipment. I give it an 8.
    chunkey
    this is extremaly good box. the sounds sound fantastic, and when something bothers you about the sound, you just slightly turn the knobs and everything is ok. I give it a 10
    frusciante_fan!
    I'm Trying to decide whether to buy this model or the "Boss ME-50" and im not sure which to buy. Can anyone give me an idea which on to go with?
    d_lord1
    Boss ME-50 is probably better but this is waaaay cheaper. Instead of about 150 for the Boss, this one costs around 70.
    dimebagisgr8
    i will admit it takes sum gettin used to ive had mine bout 3 months an still gettin used 2 it bt its perfect for me.
    acdc4ever
    ok so I bought this for 80 quid and my crybaby wad free because the music shop loves me together they both sound immense from Hendrix to Slash all the way to a Zakk wylde sound I usually play Blues and classic Rock and metal. and its perfect goes from a fender blues junior to Boss super distortion with some marshall and mesa [peavey too i think] in between
    Ghopki02
    I bought this for 47 quid and i also bought the PSU for 5 quid from my local music shop (music warehouse in colchester) and i must say the range of sounds i can make on it is very impressive! I just got something to ask. Is the US BLUES model supposed to sound distortiony? It's code is BL.
    mr. hammet
    i also bought it.it was fantastic on the beginning,but now i'm pretty confused about getting the sound that has no flows to me.i use it with marshall amp valvestate 8080 and a squier standard,strat.shitty guitar,it is very old.i simply don't know how to adjust knobs to get what i want.that bothers me a bit.but i'm really happy with its functions.i'm planning tu buy an ibanez rg370dx or rg 570,used.i'm in a dilema.help me.i know this isn't the right place for that,but,dont tell the moderators.(sorry for my bad english,i'm from croatia)
    SBSB
    I've had this thing for a year, and there are plenty of good features, but I've got to add some warnings: getting a nice, warm overdrive sound is quite hard -- most of the gain/distortion settings are harsh and metallic. The foot switches sometimes stop working, which is very bad at a gig. And already twice my presets somehow spontaneously vanished, including once 30 mins before a gig. That's very, very bad. But in terms of the variety of sounds, value and usefulness as a practice/home recording preamp, it's hard to beat.