G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

I have to say, I am impressed by every setting on this. It has an extremely wide range of sounds and I haven't needed another effects pedal to create what I've wanted to. Not only that but the sound is beautiful, from clean to distortion. It sounds very natural on any effect. With just this pedal I've made some horrible (horrible in a good way) drone/harsh noise effects on this aswell as echoing clean sounds. The Zoom G2 can basically do anything.

I play anything from drone to goth, metal to shoegaze and I can use this pedal for all of them. I've found that if I can think it, I can make it on the G2. Not only that, it's small and durable, so it's simple transport and will last for ages. I would recommend this pedal to anyone. If you do buy it, don't waste it! You can make so many effects of your own, it quickly becomes personal to you and your style.

I haven't gigged with it yet, but I would. It's made of metal and is heavy, it feels durable, which gives you ease of mind. I've used this with 6 inch platforms on and I would do it again, it just feels like it's built to last. I can safely say, I wont need a backup when I gig, the only thing that would break this monster is throwing it off a high rise building into a cement mixeer.

This was my first effects pedal, so naturally, I was slightly overwhelmed when I first took a look at it. After a few weeks though, I have really grasped the settings and I know how to make any sound on this. I like the fact there aren't too many buttons and switches, which probably could make it confusing. For a first time user I found the instruction manual a little incomprehensible, it doesn't really matter though. After a few weeks using it, it's easy enough to understand.

strungoutuk
    geat pedal and coming down in price. mine was 50 with the ac adapter and ive seen them even cheaper online. just be prepared to spend time fiddling with it(the pedal)...