G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

Purchased from: Dauphin Musical Supplies

The amp medeling and Effects are completely briliant. You can acheive a wide range of tones just by taking the time to sit and mess around with the seetings. The cleans and super crisp and the dirty sounds IE: Massive distortion and crunch can be dialed in to the most bad ass of settings.

Recently all I've wanted to jam out on is Lamb Of God riffs. I currently am running a Behringer Full stack with a V-Tone GMX 1200H Head, which isn't exactly the best sounding amp head I have ever tried, but for the price I got my stack for. I'd say I got a damn good deal. The Zoom G2 effects Processor gave me that rich bad ass distortion needed so that I jam out on Lamb Of God sounding riffs. I was considering buying a better head for my stack (like a Messa Boogie Mark 4) but now that I've dialed in the sound that I want with the Zoom.

The G2 is pretty sturdy and the materials used in it are solid. Would I use it without a back? Probably but I havn't really hammered down o n the thing yet. As far as depending on it for sound? I would say that this pedal is all you need to make a shitty amp sound good.

Using the Zoom G2 guitar effects processor was very easy to get used to as long as you have the owner's manual handy. The two characeter letters make it difficult without the manual handy, but after that's taken care of it's simple. This pedal offers everything to the user right at their finger tips, there are so many different variations to any playing style availible. The only downside is that this model doesn't have an expresson/ Wah Pedal attatched to it, but it's cost redeems it completely.