G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

I'm using a crap guitar (Silvertone Revolver) through the worst amp you can think of (Silvertone Smart II). However, this thing makes it all sound nice and warm, and makes people I've got good gear too. You can play from good cleans, to great distortioned effects, and everything in between, such as bluesy and crunchy effects. The effect I don't particularly like is the Digital Fuzz, just seems to buzz out of control as soon as I touch a string, no matter how soft. Overall, awesome!

I play hard rock and classic rock, mainly (GN'R, Led Zep, AC/DC, Wolfmother) and some White Stripes from time to time. I've been playing for a year and 4 months now, and it does make a difference, specially for a beginner. Although I've not had the chance to try it on a decent amp, I think it would still sound awesome.

It's much more reliable than other Zoom units. Though, one of the knobs (the upper-right one, to be precise), got sort of broken, and now it moves so smooth that it seems it'll break sometime. Apart from that, this is resistant, not like a Panzer, but it would still Live after some intense bombing.

I've had this unit for about 8 months. The first couple of months, I struggled to find good patches and create nice sounds. However, in the last months I've been having so much fun with this, specially with the buil-in rhythm machine. What I'm going to do next is get the Zoom expression pedal, as with this, I'll use the wah-wah and other effects the way I want them,