G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

I am currently using this with a Roland Cube 30X and an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight Edition. It goes perfect and all the distortion settings are wicked. I previously used this with a Squier Bullet Strat and a Samick SR25 or something, and I got this for an extra bit of oomph and some good distortion; it did the job well. Some of the cleaner effects can be fairly weak but that isn't a problem. Some of my favourite sounds are that of Pantera, Eddie Van Halen, Opeth, Children Of Bodom and Metallica etc. This amp actually has a preset for EVH, a preset which sounds identical to Pantera, and I found settings for Metallica and the others within minutes; it's a sweet pedal. There are 2 settings on the pedal which do nothing but buzz and sound very fake, but avoid them and you're fine. It also has a realistic acoustic setting which I use.

I play lots of metal, lots of Grunge, lots of acoustic stuff, jazz and pretty much everything else. It suits all my stuff great, but is better suited for the heavier tunes. I own 2 other guitars and 2 other amps which I mentioned earlier in this review. It suits my Cube and Les Paul very nicely and I am very glad I bought it. It I lost it or something, I would probably go and upgrade to a G2x or something better, because I know Zoom are very reliable when it comes to FX pedals. I compared it to a few Line 6 PODs and Boss pedals, and this one definately outperformed any others. There is nothing else I think it needs, it has pretty much everything!

It's build a lot sturdier than the G1, and I can't see any normal person breaking this. I would definately gig with it, due to ease of use. It is made of hard metal or something, but it's still fairly light, and the size is awesome, it fits into my guitar case perfectly.

This pedal has some sweet presets, so getting a good sound is pretty simple as most of these sound unique and nice. It takes a few days to get used to the interface, but after you've worked that all out it's good fun to play around with it and make your own presets. The manual is fairly small and has diagrams to help you out. It's great and helped me alout.

bennhenry
    i need help...i want a lead distortion sound thats easy for soloing...any setting preferences?
    Zenaxe
    Absolutely great pedal. Bought in the mid 40's + p&p, and am absolutely delighted with it. Btw, didn't see it anywhere online for less, so was surprised to see youngst got one for 33, which seems quite unbelievable! That surely wasn't a retail price!?
    ozandogan
    i have zoom g2 since 1 week and it's amazing and guys if you wanna need some patches check it out this site http://manualsite.haax.se/index.php?unit... really nice patches have this site and especially try the Green Day - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams's Tone it's really amazing Try it u will say thank you
    MrHeer
    This unit for it's price is very good. I am an old timer being playing 43 years and have had my share of different affects. I have played blues, Jazz, Country, 50's 60's and 70's rock, and now contemporary Christian music. This box covers it all for my purposes. Effects are very much personal preference and or opinion. I like this pedal much better then the Digitech units or the Boss units. I think this Zoom G2 has a much warmer sound to it, fairly easy to use, doesn't cost and arm and a leg. Some say it's a beginners unit I don't think it's a beginners,intermediate or advanced players system it is what it is a nice and effective pedal to use.