G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

I was surprised by the quality of the sound this little guy provides. I play an Epiphone Les Paul Standard through a crappy Fender Frontman 25R, and it still sounds great. The amp and pedal simulators are very good: the mesa/boogie high-gain is perfect for soloing, but not strong enough for rhythm guitar, the extreme distortion is very versitile, the Marshall stack simulator is awesome when going in low gain setting... The effects are also pretty good - the ZNR is amazing, the chorus is nice, and I love the delay and Hall reverb. The steps effect is one of the coolest effects I ever heared. You can get very interesting sound with it. I mostly play hard rock, metal and shred, and this guy can do the work.

I was impressed by the quality. This pedal worth way more than the 150$ I paid for it. One of the best multi-effects I've ever heared (from this level of multi-effects). Exctually, I'm about to buy this guy's big brother, the G7\.1UT. It's about the same, but with more amp and pedal modeling and effects, and with a 12AX7 tube. Anyway, if you look for a simple and good pedal, that will provide good sound for very low price, get yourself the G2.

Extremely reliable. Since it's built from Solid Metal, and the buttons and knobs are made from metal, the pedal is very solid and strong, and I'll rely on it when playing gigs and stuff. No backup needed for this pedal. It doesn't collapse or not respond, and the patch change is ultra-fast (only a few miliseconds) so no sound disappearance or noises when switching patches. Very reliable pedal.

It's pretty straight-forward pedal, very easy to use. After you play with it a bit, you know how to do with anything in there. That simple. Only 4 knobs and two button, not so hard to remember all uses. My suggestion to you is to read the manual first. It's simple but explains well, and you can find out the parameters of the effects and how to use all things in the pedal, from the built-in drum-Machine to exploring between patches.

rockinroller25
    i got the Zoom G2 pedal 2 christmas's ago and i loved it ever since i have created les paul sounds through a Peavey Special 130 amp and a Fender Stratocaster. i love how when i play a song sounding acoustic i could just hit a switch to go to distorted, and i love custom set ups i can make. so i love this pedal.