G2 review by Zoom

Zoom: G2

I am using the pedal with an Ibanez JEM JR. Floyd Rose guitar and a Sony TA - 1630 Amp. The sound was better than I expected. The clean sounds are perfect. The sound from Fender Twin Reverb '65 (FC) and Roland Jazz Chorus (JC) modeled amp are stunning, almost exactly like the real thing. The Boss Overdrive amp model (od) gives a beautiful Overdrive sound, modeling the sound of tube amplifiers. For distortion, Marshap JCM800 (MC) and Boss MT-2 (Mt) amp models give great sound for palying hard rock or metal songs. Besides from the amp models, there are plenty of guitar effects in the G2. I specially like the reverb, chorus, flanger and the dynamic delays. You can get the perfect Pink Floyd sound with the combination of delays, chorus and reverb. The built-in noise gets are very good and there is almost no added noise. It has a built-in drum Machine which is a nice added feature. You can plug it in your computer using the "line-in" port of your sound card and do some recording. With a suitable software, you will be able to record riffs and solos. It sounds great wheather you use to record or play through an amp.

For it's price, the Zoom G2 is a great deal. The sound is very good and you can model almost all of your favorite bands. I have managed to get the sounds of Guns N' Roses, Green Day, Pink Floyd and Metallica. In this price range, I think it is better than any other product in the market. I would certainly recommend it.

I have had the Zoom G2 for about 15 months. I haven't had a single problem. The strong rubber padding protects it against rough use. I have dropeed it a few times, didn't create any problems. The switches and knobs are durable. I would definitely use it on a gig without a backup.

The user interface is okay. It takes a while to get used to, but after that it's pretty easy. There are 40 factory patches and 40 user patches that you can edit. Making new patches or editing existing ones are easy. Almost all the effects can be fine tuned by the 3 tunable knobs. The manual is very descriptive too. You can learn everything you need to know from the manual in a short time. One downside of the Zoom G2 is that you can't modify the firmware. So no factory update is possible.

-metalhead-
    Well, I feel like a jackass asking this after some years of playing. With all sound on full, and when it is plugged in the line out jack-socket on my Laney amp, it barely gives any sound at all. Do I really have to use the common socket in my amp when using this, meaning I also have to adjust Bass-mid-treble on the amp along with the settings I have stored on the pedal?
    hcrocker
    I got this a long time ago. This is a really good bit of kit to have. Shame it didn't come with a power lead, it was not too hard to go out and get one though. I would highly recommend this for advanced starters to the guitar seen
    donni69
    Ive had this pedal for....well basicaly since i started playing the music i like (metalcore), and this pedal is amazing...the effects on it such as dist. OD, and as good as any solidstate amp. But thats not where this pedal shines. Ive just got a framus cobra, and i use heaps of gain, soo of corse i get a shit load of feedback. If u turn all the effects on this pedal off, it doesnt alter the tone atall like alot of the other multifx pedals. soo i just use the noise gate feture and it kills all the noise and preserves the tone. Recently ive also used the eqs to boost the hell out of my signal and all i can say is WOW, it makes an amazing amp sound soo much better. If you dont have a big budget to get eq pedals noise gates ect. which are alot more expensive than the g2. this pedal can cover for them all for a fraction of the price. highly reccomended!