G2.1Nu review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1Nu

Purchased from: eBay

One positive thing about G2.1Nu: it's absolutely silent. I use a Kramer Striker 424 (korean made) with a pair of Bill Lawrence pickups, and there is no noise. I'm using the unit in the and of my chain, along with my analog effects: Dunlop Crybaby from hell > Rocktron Hush the pedal > Metal Muff > Zoom G2.1Nu. I can turn the Rocktron noise gate off and still there's no noise (except when there is a high gain module on AND the Metal Muff is on, but it would be weird NOT to be noisy). I plug all this in a small 6W boutique amp. Lately I've been using the headphones more often, because the cabinet simulations are very nice, I get a LOT more bass (my amp speaker is a 8''). - About the presets: many are good, many are terrible. I would say 50-50. The Steve Vai Patches are just useless. - About the simulations: loved the reverbs, specially the spring; really liked the choruses, flanger, delays, tremolo, Whammy (YEAH), and some of the Drive units (e.g. the tubescreamer and the Diezel Herbert simulations). There are patches showing the sounds, wich is very helpful.

I bought this because I was having trouble to Switch from rhythm to lead (turn boost and delay on) and I was wanting multiple delay settings, but did not want to buy some expensive pedal JUST for that. Moreover, I was wanting to get a usb sound interface as well, and this was just the solution for me (the one I could pay for). Also, the bundled Cubase LE5 is a nice treat. This pedal is worth every cent.

I have for 2 weeks now, and it is very well built. Besides, it can be powered by the power supply, 4xAA batteries OR usb cable. I would gig with alone with no fear.

well, I'm not really familiar with multi effects units. I've played a little bit with PODs (XT live and X3 live) and I found G2.1Nu much easier to use. Alright, it has much less adjustments to make, but it's all very user friendly. And although it's very easy to set up, it get even easier: with Zoom's Edit and Share software (free download on Zoom's website)you can edit you patches on the computer. It can't get easier than that.

gibson0820
    that's a little pricy, you should try vox tonelab st because its better. Try watching videos about the vox tonelab st and you should read the comments.
    Legion(Viktis)
    Have the G2Nu, had the 505II, had my hands on the Boss ME-50. I say it's better than BOSS sound-wise. The dists on the Boss are awful compared to G2Nu
    smithmetal
    I own this pedal. This pedal kicks ass. It has alot of options. I play metal, and the tones I can get are sick. My favorite is the Metalworld patch. Roll back the gain to like 70, and you get a tight crunchy sound like Five Finger Death Punchy. Very badass.
    SMMSWEDEN
    Own a lot of gear - my next toy will be Digitech RP355. This Zoom-box is however very nice.