G2.1Nu review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1Nu

Price paid: C$ 199

Purchased from: Long &Mcquade

I ran this unit with a newer Gibson Explorer, Ibanez 540PII and a new Kramer Striker. This is now ran through a Peavey 112 Transtube. When using the patch option on the amp, some sounds do not work well like the high gain amp mods. It does emulate sounds quite well from famous amps.

I have tried so many products in the past. This one has the makings of what is needed in the metal region. I play 80's metal mostly and played for 30 years. The Kramer Striker is what I play now. If lost or stolen I would result to what I have now, a true amp and little flavors.

Works great so far without a hitch. No problem in a gig. Never had to use warranty. Built like a tank. Reminds me of the Boss pedals. Good thing too that it has a battery backup like most smaller pedals. This unit takes the most abuse as it gets stomped on, kicked, dropped and thrown.

This unit out of the box has more sounds than ever needed in your lifetime. If you have patience, it takes weeks to get it right. The amp modeling is poor as in all effect units you can buy if running straight to your amp. The direct button cleans that up if recording or using headphones. If your into a variety of styles, this pedal has them all almost. The manual is descriptive enough but it still takes a learning curve. The USB had me sold right away for recording purposes but the software is useless as it required a dongle witch you have to purchase separately. Better to use free software.

BryanAdams
    I was hesitated to buy this ZOOM G2.1nu or BOSS ME-70, Then I bought the Zoom and I never regret buying it. It's really worth every cent spent for it. I'm in love with it. But I didn't try the boss
    catalin90
    does anyone know if the patches from zoom G2.1u works on G2.1Nu? please i need an answer tnx
    Rincu
    Hi guys, Can somebody please tell me how to store new sounds in USER banks? I can SWAP them with sounds that's already in main bank, but I'd rather save new sounds in new locations.