G2.1Nu review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1Nu

Purchased from: Ebay

I'm playing it through a modded Japanese-made Stratocaster that has Seymour Duncans with coil-spliting. The amp I'm using is a 2x12" 120watt Crate XT120. I recommend using this pedal on the cleanest setting that you can possibly get on your amp, to get the best of the product. I never ran into any noise problems and the effects are always sounding extraordinary. You can actually download artist made patches, like Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, and Eddie Van Halen, from The Internet into the Zoom using the Edit&Share software that is included.

I play mainly worship material, so this pedal gets the job done, no matter what I play. At home, I play mostly hard rock or even metal, and this pedal has it all. I've been playing for about 8 years and my previous Zoom, the G1X model, was a cheap investment. The G2.1Nu blows the G1X out of the water and it is nothing compared of what I previously had. After several hours worth of research, there is nothing that I wished that I had asked before buying it. If it got lost or stolen, I wouldn't want to buy anything else but this. I love the way that this pedal has so much to offer and looking at the price, it is ridiculous! I would compare this product to most high-end multi-effects pedal on the market, and the reason why I chose this one over the others is because it is portable and very easy to use. The only thing I wish it had available is the ability to have more than 5 secs of looping time, but that is just a luxury. You would enjoy every second when playing with this pedal!

I would totally use it wherever I go, whether its playing live at a gig or just jamming out in your room at home. I guarantee this pedal will last a long time, so for the price it is a amazing buy and you can't go wrong for what this pedal offers. This pedal is so good that you will not need a backup.

With this multi-effects pedal, you get almost all the pedals you can get in just one portable package. You can get basically any tone possible out of it. Editing patches is pretty simple, if you had previously owned a older generation or knew the manual really well. The manual is easy to understand and you can adapt in knowing how to use this pedal easily. The newest firmware version is v1.10 and my unit has been upgraded from the computer to fix minor bugs, which I haven't noticed that much of a difference.

joash1993
    Hello, I am trying to make up my mind between BOSS ME-25 and KORG ax3000g or the ZOOM G2.1nu ? I am quite new to pedals so any thoughts and advice will be cool, I play song mainly pop, guitar driven, rock, gospel, blues etc...nothing heavy metal I would say. Thanks in advance
    tbfender93
    i recommend getting the Zoom G2.1nu. u can get more "bang for your buck" and will not regret your purchase l8r.