G2.1Nu review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1Nu

Purchased from: Hollywood Music

Currently using a Maison & Gibson Melody Maker through a standard PA amp into some home made cabs (forgot what drivers it has, 2 x 12" somethings). Took a while to emulate the songs I wanted but after some fine tuning its pretty much spot on. Slow/fast attack times on compression is great, delays are great too, can get almost any distortion you'd ever want, preset tunings on the tuner is really useful. Can't really fault any of the effects apart from. The only complaint is that the octave setting sounds really "messed up" is the easiest way I can explain.

Country, metal, acoustic, abstract, jazz; copes with it all really well. Got nothing to compare it to as this is my first effects of any sort, prior to this I owned a sh***y 5 watt beginners amp that had something called Overdrive or something like that. The ONLY downside would be the funky octave and the odd software problems. If it was to disappear I would defiantly buy another.

Its put up with 9 months of stomping until the left foot switch appeared to fail, was going to head back to the shop to return it but it started working again and has kept on working since; at a guess it was probably a firmware glitch or something software related as I can't see a switch failing in that short time. On the topic of firmware problems I turned it on one day and it had hard-reset itself somehow; lost all my custom patches and didn't have a backup. Annoying.

LOTS of parameters to play with easy to create a good sound and equally easy to create some crazy abstract sounds too. Edit & Share software is great for shifting around effects (and backing up!) but it is easier to change the settings on the pedal itself (not using a mouse to turn the knob). The pedals interface is easy to understand after a few days of fooling about with it, reading the manual in the first place probably would have helped.

13Trivium13
    the boss me-70 sounded really awful compared to this at a show I played in. I used a g1 and even that sounded better then the boss