G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

Purchased from: Dawsons

I have and Ibanez GSA 60 and a Marshall MG15 amp and its sounds great. I've played this on many different amps before and with 54 different effect types and a built in drum Machine you can't go wrong. One of my favourite effects is the Wah wah effect which sounds very good. To get the best quality out of it set you amp to a clean sound and the OD button off. Some patches are noisy compared to others, for example an acoustic effect will be moderately loud but if you change to a Overdrive effect that effect would be very loud. The most noisy ones are Distortion effects and a Tapping effect, you may like your guitar loud but if you don't, trying to turn the volume down on you're guitar will NOT help, you will have to go to your amp to change the volume with these certain effects. The effects sound great but it all really depends on what kind of music you're playing e.g. I play Oasis and I wouldnt play Oasis songs with an Overdrive effect, I would use an acoustic one. But if you chose the right effect for the right song then you will have no problems.

I play mostly Oasis and the acoustic effects are brilliant for any kind of music like this. Once again I wish I could have asked for a Mains adapter as I had to buy one seperatley. If this was stolen I would definitely buy this effects pedal again. My favourite features are the expression pedal and the drum Machine to give your guitar playing that extra kick which other effects units cannot. The only thing I wish it had was more variety of editing patches but overall a truly brilliant guitaring companion.

I can depend on it all the time, has never failed me once and I don't think I would need to take a backup to a gig. The only disadvantage is that if you are running it on batteries, you won't get much playing time out of it. So I would advise you to get a DC Mains adapter if one doesn't come with it.

You need no effort at all for this effects pedal, just plug and play and anything will sound good. Its very easy to change effects and expression pedal is easy to use. Editing patches is great, easy to edit with 4 knobs. Choice of COMP, WAH/EFX, ZNR, DRIVE, EG, MOD/SFX, DELAY, REVERB and CONTROL and is easy to pedal assign.

w00ts!te
    I have this and it is the best I have had so far. I love the USB inputs on it also.