G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

Purchased from: AMS

I play a Gibson SG, G2.1, usb into the computer. It sounds great this way. You can get great tone if you take the time to mess with it. I don't care much for the tone into headphones, but I have $20 headphones so I'm sure that's the problem. I only use the tuner, eq, ZNR, and occasionally some delay into my amp(all are great). I bet you could get great sounds that way, too, if you try. I get the exact sound I want with my rig (MXR ZW44 into JCM800 2205 50 watt), so I only bought this for direct recording. I like this thing enough that I'll probably upgrade to a G7.

For the money, this just can't be beat. I wish this thing had come out 20 years ago when I was first startingout. I would be much better now! I don't play in a band, so the drum Machine and direct recording alone have made me much better. The noise reduction is great, the acoustic sim is great, and those 2 things alone would be $100 apiece if you bought Boss pedals. You're not going to get 100% exact copies of famous tones, but this thing is great for what it does at a price most people can afford. I'm very impressed!

The most solid pedal I've ever seen.

Well, the manual is great. It's still hard to get the sounds you want, tho.

johnm2k6
    I have this pedal and its absolutley amazin, and its easy to use. I think that the extreme distortion is the best bit of it.
    ApocalypticaFan
    I have this pedal, and it never ceases to amaze me, its absolutely beautiful, and all the effects/amps sound amazing (execpt for metalzone)
    beatle
    F@ Man : mine came today, its brilliant, but there doesnt seem to be a usb cable in the box.. do i have to buy one?
    come on man what kinda question is this....
    Stratoblaster
    This pedal is a seriously awsome piece of gear, I urge anyone reading this who has 100 to spend buys it!!
    [B]C [R]ich
    i agree with everyone, ive had this pedal for about a year now and i love it, i never play without it, the only problem is is that the recording doesnt work for me and ive tried everything.
    flammy
    vbpart4
    flammy wrote: Should I buy this effect or should I buy a guitarport? How does it sound if I only use headphones, not an amp ?
    Dude u shud go for it...it souds great wid headfones too!! i luv it
    Godspeed64
    awesome effects. only thing i disliked was the wah. you guys should check it out... worth every penny! its such a versatile multi-effects processor that i doubt i'll need any other pedal... o.O
    F@ Man