G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

I am using the G2.1U with a relatively good 60 watt guitar amp (the make is obscure). The effects sound quite amazing through even this bottom of the range amp, and that is really all I can say, as if you don't like a sound on it then you can just change it using the settings on the G2.1U. The manual also comes with some handy tips on which patches will mimic the sound of certain artists (Green Day, Beatles etc) the best. Also, it has an excellent drum Machine with 40 non editable loops, which are very useful for recordng. The only downpoint about the effects in general is that I found the wah quite dissapointing, but for the price it is still quite impressive.

Well, even though I have only had it for about 11 months, and I use other effects over it, the G2.1U is a very competent effects pedal for good overall use. It fits all aspects of playing, from quiet studio session recording to blazing Live acts. If this is the first or last pedal you ever get, make sure you work it until it will not work any more.

The G2.1U is very solidly built, mine has had some close meetings with concrete pavements only for me to find not a single scratch. The pedal attached to it is very solid and nicely shaped for the feet, as are the buttons, although it is worth mentioning that I have had to oil the pedal a few times. I can't say it would be a very good to use at a gig on it's own, I have used it more as a base effect to work on and then used seperate effects over it when playing live. It would be better to say it is more suited as a studio effect box, where it can be used on its own, but it isnt great for using at high speed Live gigs.

I have had my G2.1U for almost a year now, and I can say that after a few checks to the manual (which had a correction sheet, scary) you will soon get the hang of it. The manual is very clear and precise, and it details everything-from using the drum Machine to writing your own patches. I have not yet managed to get the full potential out of the Cubase recording software that it comes with, but I can say it is very useful, if a little confusing at times.

bridi
    Well what a piece of crap pedal. The distortion effects are apalling. Nothing like the stomp boxes/amps they are supposed to sound like. Noise gate is rubbish. Chorus and delays are ok. Overall a waste of money.
    Arttuonline
    very good good pedal, has everything what I need. and there are many other pedals which are crap and cost much more.
    Shib
    mine didn't come with a cable aswell.. do I have to buy one?
    clapton-floyd
    I got rid of mine. If you're expression pedal is stiff, get a alan key and loosen it. It wasn't versatile enough for me.
    MetalCro
    could someone please tell me a link(or mail me) for instructions how to connect it to the computer and record , i lost my manual
    sudhir.j
    love it, but has anyone notice noise that pops up as soon as you connect a usb cable? any idea how to fix that?
    pasa
    this is a message for sudhir.j: pls, can u tell me if u have patches for this zoom (G2.1u)?? if u have, pls send me an e-mail at is.teodoru@yahoo.com
    pl0x
    I've had this for nearly a year, the sad thing is its now lost its nice metal smell this pedal makes my marshall mg15cdr sound good
    Bongofdestiny
    Conwayy1991 one word for you for future notice: you can change the volumes on the amp and store them so they are not all different voumes theyre not louder effects theyre just set to different voumes when you get it for some strange reason i do agree it is an awesome pedal and its a bargain.
    squierkid71
    hey does anybody know if this thing works on batteries? cos i read somewhere in a website that it does. dunno if it's true though. cos i bought a G2 before and it did. but i ****ed it up(electricity thing). so i thought i'd get this one cos everyone recommends it yknow and it looks really good =] Thanx.
    Shib
    squierkid71 wrote: hey does anybody know if this thing works on batteries? cos i read somewhere in a website that it does. dunno if it's true though. cos i bought a G2 before and it did. but i ****ed it up(electricity thing). so i thought i'd get this one cos everyone recommends it yknow and it looks really good =] yes she do Thanx.