G2.1U review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Zoom: G2.1U

Purchased from: Ebay

I'm using this with a Schecter Omen 6 extreme guitar either plugged into a practise amp or straight into the PA when I play at my church with the Cabinet Simulator switched on (which is quite handy). There is some noise with the compresser when it is set above 5 when my guitar is set to some pickup modes which can be annoying. Obviously some sounds are better than others, but most sound reasonabily faithful to what they're modeled after but to be honest you pay for what you get. They obviously aren't as good as the real thing but then the pedal is a lot cheaper and lighter than the real thing which is good! So I think it fulfills it's purpose as far as sound goes fine.

I mainly play in my church band and for that this is perfect because it's light (and relatively cheap). I was entirely happy with it before it broke and it filled my purposes completely. I would not buy another one if it'll break like this one has again! I'd rather spend a bit more money to get something I can throw around a bit.

This is where it falls down for me. It decided to break just before we started a band practise, which putting it mildly was inconvenient. As far as design goes it's made of reasonabily tough looking metal and rubber, but it aint no Boss! That said, I got it second hand off ebay from the states, so I can't complain if it's more likely to break than a new one!

It's pretty easy to get the hang of if you're used to this kind of thing. I came to it inexperienced with multieffects so it took a little getting used to. You will most definitely want to look at the manual and keep it handy with you to get the most out of this thing. Getting a good sound out of it is possible but not without editing patches, the presets don't do it justice. The pedal is also very useful.