G2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: G2.1U

Purchased from: Music Music

I use a Ibanez GRX20 through this and out to my Peavey Envoy 110. It has great sound. The sound on this is great. I use the tube clean and then use it through my transtube amp and you get a even more tube like sound. The clean channels sound very much like the originals. You get 3 cleans. Fender Twin Reverb, Class A Vox AC30 tube amp, and you get Roland Jazz chorus. These are all great cleans. Next are the crunchs. You get a Marshall crunch, Mesa Boogie Crunch and a Fender Tweed '53. I use these alot and I personally think they sound better than the distortions since you can get a better palm muted sound out of them. Next are the distortions. You get the Marshall JCM-2000 stack. It has very fat bass. It's almost a fuzz. then there is the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier on Vintage mode. This is awesome but still sounds like a fuzz. My personal favorite is the Peavey 5150 high gain amp. It's the amp that Van Halen used and is very good distortion for hard rock. After those is the one and only Overdrive. The Boss OD-1 Overdrive pedal. This is great Overdrive if you're looking for a very clean Overdrive. It's not my favorite but it's still great for solos. Now another Marshall effect. The Guv'nor pedal. This has pretty decent sound. It's great for regular rock. I don't use it very much though. Next are the famous fuzzes. You get the dallas arbiter Fuzz Face, the Hot box and The Zoom Digital Fuzz. The Fuzz Face is a lighter fuzz than the other two and it's great for older music like jimi hendricks. The hot box has the fattest bass of them all and has awesome sound. The Zoom digital fuzz has a broken effect to it. To me it sounds like true fuzz. Last but not least the Metal Distortions. You get The Boss MT-2 Metal Pedal. This is great metal distortion. It only sounds good with Drop D Tuning though. Last you get another Zoom Distortion. The extreme distortion. Just like it's name it extreme. no matter how much gain you give it, it still is very high gain. Same goes for the input signal. Great for metal. And there is acoustic simulator. I don't like it and don't really use it that much. All the other effects are really good. The chorus is good. The Flanger has lots of possibilities. And this pedal is dedicated to delay. In almost every module there is a delay option you can choose. You can have up to 3 different delays. The only effect I don't like is the ring modulator. Even though you have control how it sounds, it still sounds bad. As everyone else says the wah effects are really nice. The only thing I don't like about the sound is that sometimes the pedal overloads itself and you cracking noise out of it but that can easily be fixed by turning the gain and volume down. This is a great pedal. The sounds are all awesome.

This is a great pedal for people Who want more control over the sounds than the pedals that only let you adjust with their next highest setting. I do not recommend this pedal for the Super Control Freaks. If you want complete control go out and buy the separate pedals so you can control the effect the way you want them. All I can say is that this is a great pedal and you can get just about any sound out of it within it's parameters. Have fun using yours if you decide to get one.

I can depend on this pedal 24/7. It is made out of metal and has rubber sides and has pads on the bottom to keep it from moving. I don't do gigs quite yet but I'm sure I wouldn't need a back-up. I would only use another pedal because that one has some sounds this one doesn't. This pedal is pretty solid. Built just like a stomp box.

This is by far the best effects pedal I've used (of course this is only my second pedal ^_^). The user interface is designed exactly like a stomp box. Stomp on, stomp off but in this case they change patches. This pedal is perfect for editing patches. You can adjust the furthest left knob to a effects module and the other 3 are for editing the patch analog style. The analogs give you almost precise control. The only thing I don't like about them is that they are click style instead of like the knobs on a amp. But you still get precise control. This effects pedal has a user manual that is basically the bible for it when you first use it. It tells you how to operate everything and the whole second half of the book tells you about the effects modules, what's in them, and what the knobs can be used to adjust. This pedal is very easy to use as all the zooms are.